Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stromberg ww power valve

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Studehawk, Oct 18, 2019.

1. does anybody know the direction of the threads, of the screw, that the screw driver is on in this photo? ww carbs 001.jpg

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Clue: that's a left handed screw driver

Jet96 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. I found out yesterday that the strombergs used a left handed screw on the carb I was working on. really not sure why they did it. the arm pivots both directions and the screw has a shoulder that gets tightened right down. IMG_8118.JPG

4. tb33 - kinda like the left handed threaded lug nuts that were popular - as that throttle arm moves up - it hopefully keeps the screw tight......great thread guys....enjoyed the read and education !

5. 5brown1

5brown1

Carbking is correct. I checked the parts book not my memory. Sorry for the misinformation.

6. Studehawk

Studehawk

fYI Ordered a few power valves for the 97's and they are dimensionally the same for anyone that's got a similar problem. installed a #60 to start.Still winter here but I'm sure I'll be able to tune from here, I'll update this post with the resulting change in AFR on the guage. Thanks for everyone's help

Attached Files: