Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is there a patricular car that you have always liked but never owned

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Chief 64

Chief 64

In the 70’s my friend and I went to look at a Mustang for him. It was in Reford or Livonia, Michigan. It was a gloss black 64 or 65 fastback Mustang with 3,000 miles on it ...a 1/4 mile at a time. It had no engine or trans and was like a new car. We didn’t buy it but I have always remembered looking at that car that day and remembering that beautiful fastback.

2. CA. 280

CA. 280

I.m relying on a 40 year old memory of a feature article in HRM of a late 31 R/P that had a 32 grill shell and fenders
    that the article stated came that way from the factory. Something to do with model changeover from the A to the B.
    Can anyone confirm that ?? I still dream about that car.

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Any or all of the 427 powered Fords!
    34 Ford
    56 Crown Victoria, Turquoise and White

Bones

4. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

My daughter-in-law gave me my dream car two years ago. She inherited the family farm and it was just sitting in the pole building. One day it will be given back to one of these guys (grandkids), but for now we all get to have fun. 1965 Mustang G.T. four barrel, four speed, pony interior, 140 mph speedo, quick ratio steering, disc brakes, posi….all the bells and whistles. 225 h.p. could really get you in trouble if you drove a little crazy. With that said I still want a Nomad (any year). Gary IMG_3659.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Montana1 and 65pacecar like this.
  5. brjnelson

brjnelson

1961 Starliner w/406
    AC Cobra
    Pantera
    GT40
    any Lincoln Zephyr
    any Harry Miller car
    1930's Sprint car
    1933 or 34 Ford sedan delivery

6. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. 1966 GTB Ferrari. :cool: Hay I'm Italian! :p
    [​IMG]

chevy57dude likes this.
  8. First off a 1956 Chevy Nomad 60/70 style build, then any 56 to 62 Corvette. When I was in high school I had a chance to buy a 56 Nomad but father said no I would just get some girl in trouble, so I never got a chance to buy one again. Years later my dad told me that we should have bought the Nomad, at that time I could have bought it for 300.00 dollars. It was black with white tuck and roll interior, 265, 3 speed Hurst shifter on the floor, chrome reverse wheels. Back then it was the perfect car. Adding to being more bummed out the the next year my best friend bought a heavy metallic blue, 283,4 speed,with aluminum slots,so I did get to drive his quite often but he would never sell me that one either. So I still don't own and at today's prices probably won't. I have made up for it by finding two other loves, being a 1938 Willys 2 Dr sedan and a 1961 Chevy 2 Dr sedan Biscayne both built in the 60/70s gasser style. Willys with a axle, Biscayne with ball joint spacers and big springs. Well that's the end of this, but I still love 1956 Chevy Nomads.

arkiehotrods and 2NDCHANCE like this.
  9. topher5150

topher5150

I'll try keep it HAMB friendly as possible
    33-34 Ford coupe
    mid 50s Ford station wagon
    55-57 Thunderbird
    67 Shelby
    71 DeTomaso Pantera
    1st gen Dodge Viper coupe

10. 62 Vette... 32 Ford 3w , Ford Phaeton

11. ahshoe

ahshoe

1963.5 Galaxie.....I am close with my 61 Starliner ,but not a 63.5. I hope I still have time so who knows, it could still happen.

12. flatout51

flatout51

I am building my all time favorite (shoebox coupe) but the one car I want that would make me happy for a long time would have to be a shoebox convertible.

Sent from my SM-G977U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. I've been really very lucky over the years and have not wanted much that I haven't had. I owned a 40 Ford when I was a kid, I had a 52 Ford and a 55 Ford. I drove a 59 Ford for awhile and a whole host of other cars people today would love to have. The only two cars that I would really like to own that I haven't yet are a 55 Chevy (I'm really a Ford guy so that probably won't happen. :( ), and a '50 Ford Tudor. I don't want to jinx anything but I'm dealing on one at this very moment. Wish me good luck please, I've been chasing "just the right car" for over two years.

As I said I've been pretty lucky over the years. I have 3 '63.5 Galaxies, the one in my avatar I've owned for 47 years, and a couple of other (Fords of course) cars that are in various stages of project status or waiting for some attention.

The one I truly seem to need though is the 50 Ford Tudor. I've wanted one since I was about 6 years old. They just look so cool sitting low and sound so good with the flathead rumble.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Too many to mention.

15. X-cpe

X-cpe

Say huh. Some people dream closer to reality than "All I need to do is hit the lottery for a couple of hundred million". And some dream knowing all it will ever be is a dream.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

27_Bugatti_T37_DV_05_PVGP_s06.jpg Type 37A Bugatti, I got to work on a lot of them back in the '70's. Bob

Spoggie and Ziggster like this.
  17. I'm content with what I have/had..but, there is one that does stand out I've never owned a '55 Nomad.

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

In reality if I could get me a 40 Ford coupe or 2 door sedan I would not want any other but there are so many others that would be nice too.

19. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Have Always Wanted One Of These... img_5086.jpg

lippy and 302GMC like this.
  20. Trabant...
    [​IMG]

no, not really....just wasting bandwidth...:rolleyes:

Duellym, s55mercury66 and winduptoy like this.
  21. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

'57 Caddy Eldo Biarritz with the stainless top
    The relative of a neighbor would visit with such a car when I was about 9. I was impressed by the top.
    My memory may be wrong but I think it had dual quads.

22. Ziggster

Ziggster

My cousin's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car...
    image.jpeg

Ron Funkhouser and Spoggie like this.
  23. derbydad276

derbydad276

1940 Ford Business Coupe

24. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chevy57dude likes this.
  25. A big brake '57 Corvette would be someone's nest egg these days!
    Here's Smokey's.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  26. big bird

big bird

64 Coupe De Ville or a 64 Galaxie 500, the 4-door with buckets and console.

27. Duellym

Duellym

plenty, unfortunately none of the ones i can think of off the top of my head are gonna be hamb friendly

the one i think i really want the most but won't be buying anytime soon is a 71-73 firebird but they're a bit out of my pricerange, if i can even find one.

28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ive had several I would like to have back, or one like em, and can think of several I would like to have for the first time but being more realistic, a car that Ive always wanted to try is nothing more than just a humble 62 chevy 4 door sedan, just always liked em...:cool:
    [​IMG]
    A real nice one would probably still be out of my range these days but still...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    38 2 DR Sedan likes this.
  29. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Ever since I bought my 1965 El Camino, I have always wanted a bigger motor, the SS interior and a 4 speed. I had the smaller 327 with a 4 barrel and auto transmission that lasted for 125,000 miles of happy motoring without any major problems. The 4 speeds were not available and the 396 motors were not available in the lowly 65 El Camino or 2 door station wagons. The Chevelle Malibu SS models had the big 396 high performance motors from the factory.

So, yes that 2 door 1965 Chevelle wagon, including A/C, (with what I would like in it,) has always been on our list of cars to have. If I had been able to order it back in 1965, we probably would still have the station wagon, today. It would have fit our needs from college all the way to today, with the amount of comfort and storage built in to the station wagon.
    upload_2019-10-23_4-56-55.png upload_2019-10-23_4-57-8.png
    The car for both my wife and me has always been the 1965-66 Ford Cobra Roadster. That would have simply fulfilled our many coastal road trips all up and down the shoreline back in those days. Packing our photo stuff and two suitcases would have been a problem in the small roadster.

Being 20 somethings had so much going for us, but this would have put us over the top. And…as speculated earlier, we probably would not be around these days, as it could have gotten out of hand easily with the power to weight in that lightweight two-seater.

Jnaki

We can think about those two all day, but we are satisfied with what we have today for reliable daily drivers.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  30. 61Vettw:Bug35.jpg

These will do. Actually, 37Kid's T37A would be special, surely. There's a beautiful T40 here I'd love to own. Been here since new. Genuine preserved patina. Original owner also raced a T35 or 37, I forget.

At least I have a few model kits.

There was a slingshot too, when we were kids. Our grandpa would take us down the road, to look into the garage showroom. MacDonald Brothers Hemi A/D. Full body, sano, homebuilt, red & white. My friend bought their beautiful deuce roadster. Candy 'flake red, Y-block, channeled 8 inches, black naughyde, diamond tuft.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.