Register now to get rid of these ads!

History AUTHENTIC Tri-Five Chevy Gassers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudbang, Oct 16, 2019.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Bye bye it's all yours

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Redundant.

I was just going to post a pic of Peter Broadribb's restored Moody-Jones 55, from one of our events, in 2009
    but realized it won't fall within the parameters of LB's thread. I don't post stuff just to piss others off, so I won't do it.

3. [​IMG]
    First pic, a '57 D/G. 5 spoke TT's fit here, I'm sure.

4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Sooo, no need to post about what you're not going to post. It appears LB took the high road.
    Instead of getting defensive about the slings and arrows thrown his way, he did all the
    Tri-Five Gasser experts a favor. Go crazy, gasser scholars.

5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

''''

Attached Files:

6. 0ldracer

0ldracer

Gene Moody...Moody's Garage 1964 NHRA NATIONALS INDY
    moody64.jpg

7. Don't necessarily disagree with you .
    Maybe LB could edit to allow recently RESTORED cars, instead of going by a 1965 picture date limit.
    Trust me..Some of us know the real thing.

8. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Restored cars is a good idea as opposed to all of the new belly-button Tri-Fives being built.

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  9. rooman

rooman

The "slings and arrows" were not aimed at LB, just the fact that a lot of the vehicles in the thread were not really HAMB era style. 70's street freaks were starting to show up along with cars that were more cartoon than gasser.
    He says that he is not going to be involved in this thread so why did he set such strict parameters and who is expected to police them?

Roo

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds [ Looks ] like he just opened the gate to the pasture.

12. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

At least one couldn't have been more obvious without naming Loudbang. Why did he set the parameters
    he did? I can't speak for him but I'd say it was because of the constant badgering by experts in the
    field of "TRADITIONAL DRAG RACING GASSERS". Aren't the strict parameters and the photos
    that adhere to them exactly what the Gasser Scholars have been clamoring for constantly? As far
    as who's going to police them, that job should fall to the so-called experts. Don't beat up the posters.
    As Mr. Moriarty has said, contact your favorite moderator and keep the site honest. I won't be
    posting here, I didn't start taking pics until 1969 so I can't pollute this discussion, but I'm itching
    to see what you fellows come up with.

13. I don't remember anyone asking for any date on any pictures. I also don't remember anyone calling themselves expert either.
    I do remember several guys asking a few of you to stop posting that bogus, modern crap. The more we asked, the more a few would keep posting it..In other words "up yours, old timers".
    Now, a few of you say you won't be posting here. That tells me that , after all this time, you still can't tell the difference.. So go ahead and lurk ,and OBSERVE:
    Real gasser > 872580R15050.jpg

14. I didn't check the date on this one either but you can bet it is a real gasser.

[​IMG]

Jim Hill, If you see this, don't tell anyone when it was taken ;-)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  15. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Mark I see a certain Ca#$@* qtr panel in there. lol.:D

16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

17. Ah, yes. Let me work on that. ;)

18. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like it says F/S on the windshield. With a front bumper, I would tend to agree.

19. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Darn fine jr stocker!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

427 sleeper likes this.
  20. Sorry, but no. Indeed a gasser, and a damn fast one .Notice the Indy class champion sticker and trophy run T.
    Also raised wheel openings and 9-10 inch slicks. Stockers used 7 inchers in that era.
    Stockers didn't pull the wheels in those days, but 9000 rpm and a 50 pound wheel did.

0ldracer likes this.
  21. upload_2019-10-19_0-20-48.jpeg
    While not a gasser stance, rest assured this is the real deal. Same paint since '61 or 2.

22. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

I wasn’t able to blow the pictures up on my phone. I can see the tires in the rear now. I’m guessing a newer picture possibly by the guy in the picture. The F/S still has me stumped.

23. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

24. Ha, just not a chance skinny in Southern Florida. Trust me it's FG. it's a gasser without a straight axle. P.m. Jim Hill and he'll tell you all about it

0ldracer and 31hotrodguy like this.
  25. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

What engine would F/G have been? A 283?

26. could be maybe a 292. You can see he didn't try to take a bunch of weight off of it so that could be about right. Jim Hill is a member here so I'm hoping he chimes in.

31hotrodguy likes this.
  27. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

I hope he does! The picture is proof that the “little mouse” motors can launch pretty hard!! In today’s big cubic inch world it is easy to forget that the 283/292/301’s could definitely pull the front wheels! Plus I might be bias but I prefer a 57 with the front bumper!

28. My wagon doesn't have any parts that wherent available in the early 60,s even the bias ply tires are about 60 years old. RUFF& TUFF 004.JPG

31hotrodguy, Butch M and Jalopy Joker like this.