Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wipers- "Dynamic Parking"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lance Markel, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Lance Markel

Lance Markel

I bought this wiper kit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-56-F1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It actually isn't too bad in terms of quality for China made stuff. But the switch is a piece of crap and weighs about 3 oz. Plus it does not match the other switches that I have. So I contacted my switch guy and he sent me the options. One has dynamic parking and one does not.

I called the manufacturer of the wiper kit and they didn't know what that meant. They said their motor is a "GM style". It does go back to a park position when the power is turned off. Is that dynamic parking? I just don't want to ruin the motor by getting the wrong switch.

Here is a link t the switches. I need a 4 blade, no washer. Those are on page 2 of the link. https://www.elecdirect.com/media/specsheets/CHe1.pdf

I appreciate any help.

2. I would say the motor sounds like dynamic park. When power is cut it keeps going until blade is on the park location.
    The other would be where the blade instantly stops when power is cut, regardless of it's position.
    The epay ad photo looks like a knockoff of the kit offered by Specialty Power Wipers.

Phil

3. RmK57

RmK57

It's typical of marine wiper motors. Adjustable sweep, park left or right, two speed and self parking.

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

GM wipers have power going direct to the wiper motor and are switched on the ground path at the switch.

5. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

"How do it know"? I mean, to park the wipers when the switch is turned off. It's like Magic! Never really thought about it.

Texas Webb likes this.
  6. BJR

BJR

Dynamic Parking is what I did back in my teens and twenties on a Saturday night date.:D

kadillackid, Texas Webb and Truck64 like this.