Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tools/ Things found on the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Aug 28, 2019.

1. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Depends if you're one of them ,or one of us ...

Truck64 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Gman........that’s kinda scary! I’m already kinda nervous, flying! Now every time I get on a plane .....I’m going to remember your post! THANKS.....lol

Bones

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It wasn't a tool it was one of those panels that hang down from a semi trailer. I was diving up the road Saturday and spotted a piece of metal in the road and pulled over and drug it out of the road and it was too big to stick in the back of my daily even with the back seats laid down. There was enough metal there for a lot of projects too.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  4. goldmountain

goldmountain

Reminds me of my hubcap collector friend. He would go to railroad crossings and Texas gates to find his treasures.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jnaki and Boneyard51 like this.
  5. Found a mint Model T grille shell one time , luckily on the curb.....

6. von zipper

von zipper

Three mag flashlights,some ladders,plastic garbage cans,rakes,snow shovels in the winter, hard hats, and my best was a floor jack! Not tool related, a big ass rolling cooler![​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Jnaki “It was the same kid that I gave a home made, shaped foam surfboard in its raw stage. He had it completely finished and ripped on that homemade board. So, who knows what became of that slightly scratched Moon Disc.”

Probably became a Clark Griswold style snow disc

8. 10mm.jpg
    Sticker courtesy of metalflakecity.com....A bunch of my Tech and Engineering friends are getting these for Christmas.

Thor1 and Boneyard51 like this.
  9. I just saw this on the hamb facebook page:

[​IMG]

10. A few weeks ago a friends son found an adjustable wrench. Ran over it with the front tire, heard it hit somewhere under the truck and then the rear tire blew out and he found the wrench stuck into the aluminum rim.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  11. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

I was traveling down I39 in IL in the winter, and saw a semi truck/trailer tire and wheel in the median, brand new. On the way back from where I'd gone, it was still there, so I stopped and got it. Brrr. I hoisted into the back of my van. Got home and put it on ebay for $100. Didn't take long to sell it, and the buyer said that he would stop by in a week or two to pick it up. Okay, it's next to the house. Thirteen months went by, and after trying to contact the buyer who had paid for it buy never picked it up, I relisted it on ebay for $100. Sold it again. This buyer picked it up in less than two weeks.

Before my eyes got bad enough to need glasses all the time, I used to wear them just for the bifocals. I had a bad habit of laying them on the hood of my truck when I didn't need to read. One day I couldn't find them, and remembered that they had been on the hood when I ran uptown for something. My driveway is about 500' from the main 2 lane, so I figured that they must've fallen off when I made the turn. I walked down to the highway and saw them sitting in the southbound lane, just as a truck ran them over.

I found three $20 bills in a parking lot. Another time, I had ridden my cycle to CA and was riding down a six lane highway, and there was this semi tire standing in one of the lanes. Not much traffic, and no one stopped to move it. I didn't either. I was staying in San Jose, and one day rode down to Carmel (IIRC), and on the way back on the twisty curves, there was a tire rolling down the road. WTF? Got to the next curve, and there was a car/boat trailer missing one wheel. Hope he caught it as it rolled by.

I was in a parking lot in NM once, and bent over to pick up a shiny penny. The engine blew in my minivan with ~225,000 miles on it. I don't pick up pennies anymore.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I think if they aren't heads up, avoid them, is the rule? Yeah, you might throw yer back out, too! Buying certain foreign government bonds has been described as "like picking up nickels in front of a steam roller".