Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A new idea from Mart. Mart's Real Hot Rods. On YouTube!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Mart

Mart

I don't know how many of you will remember my old web site. It was called Mart's Real Hot Rods. I posted up many hundreds of pics, many readers rides but a lot of vintage pics that were kindly contributed. It was great at the time but foundered when my web space crashed.

I've just got a new computer so had to trawl through finding all my old pictures from the succession of older machines. I found some of the pics I had posted on my old site. I have packed 140 odd pics into a video.

I would appreciate your candid opinions. Is this a good idea? should I add music (not sure of the ins and outs of that).

So, for your considered appraisal I offer you the inaugural viewing of part 1 of the Glen Montgomery photo collection. Vintage Hot Rod and Drag pics from the early to Mid 1960s. Some big names there, Garlits, Chrisman, etc. etc.

If you like the format I can put some more together. Please click like and subscribe and leave a comment. But most importantly, please leave a reply here with your thoughts. Things move so quickly here on the hamb it's good to get a bump now and then.

Mart.

2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks so much @Mart...Silent Bliss Really...Add Music if you like. The Quality of Imagery is Absolutely Golden showcasing the Spirit of Which Hotrod/Custom Really is a mish mash of everything From Beautiful to Odd to Ugly and all else in between...I have seen and posted many of these and seeing others to compliment those I have seen it never really gets old it just revives the excitement I had back when I saw it first...

Great stuff again, Mart...Did you ever live over this way or has your Love of North American Hotrod just evolved as it has with most of us from growing with the Real Deal and Media Coverage?

Texas Webb likes this.

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Well done Mart, I enjoyed it, the silence is fine with me.

5. I enjoyed the pictures,and doesn't need sound.

6. Mart

Mart

Thanks guys. It's good to see that batch of pics again. Thanks for the positive feedback.

My big problem is, that while I have a lot of the pics, they were resized back in the day to suit much smaller monitors and don't forget a lot of them were posted in the days of dialup. Small pics of small file size to speed loading. I have another set of the Glen Montgomery pics in the as received condition (big, like the ones just posted) but most of the others are quite small.

I will continue to work on the new venture though, the first offering has received a good number of views. Don't forget none of my videos are monetised, I do this just for the fun of it and the payback is the response from you good people.

Mart.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nowadays we can open any music and play it in the background while watching the awesome Hotrod/Custom Slide Show...resolution worked fine for me...great content again...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. Mart' ... have you ever used the "Way Back Machine" web archive ? Your site is on it, 2002 to 2011 ish. I'll post a link to a Dec 22 2007 save.

On the top of the page, you'll see a bar graph. If you hit forward, or behind, of the point 2007, you'll be able to see various iterations of your site. Keep in mind, the site contents, are still useable. So look at or thru your site, before you change the date.

It's a mirror of what you had started with, all the way to what you stopped with.

BEHOLD ! Martin Holden from Solihull, England presents ... :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20071222115235/http://www.flatheadv8.freeserve.co.uk/martsframes.htm

Screenshot_20191016-070046_Chrome.jpg

Stogy, Mart and jnaki like this.
  9. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

I enjoyed that very much. No music is fine with me...

10. Aviator99

Aviator99
    from ohio

Loved your website! I also followed your build of old rusty at least I think that's what you called your A roadster. Loved that car! Hard to believe its been that long ago. Great stuff Mart love the photos!

11. Mart

Mart

Anyone remember this lovely creature? I remember Mrs Mart was waiting for me and I said, "I'll be with you in a minute, Luv, I'm just touching up this girl's thigh".

girl2br.jpeg

How about this one?

mrhrspdmech.jpg

Both images prepared in the piracy of my own home.

Mart.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Jet96, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks! Nice old photos, always enjoyed your website, found it long before the HAMB. Bob

Stogy likes this.
  13. Roothawg

Roothawg

I remember that Mart.

14. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always enjoyed your old website.I spent a lot of time looking at it. I like All formats. Small pictures,black and white,color,videos music or not. Sound can always be turned down or off. Good luck with your endeavor.

Stogy likes this.
  15. Mart

Mart

Thanks guys. I just visited wayback machine and read most of the Old Rusty build. I had forgotten a lot of it.

Good memories.

Mart.

Jet96, Stogy, The37Kid and 1 other person like this.
  16. Tom Teixeira

Tom Teixeira

Hey, Mart! I remember your old site, and while looking to see what had happened to it I found this thread. I also have a web site that hasn't been updated in years. I'm mostly done with changing it to use HTML 5 and some of the goodies that will make it easier to see on small devices. The last step was checking all the external links and trying to update them and when looking for "Mart's Real Hotrods" I found this thread.

The video is great, but I prefer pictures so I can browse as quickly or as slowly as I like. Sound isn't needed.

17. Mart

Mart

Hey, Tom, nice to see your name here.
    Well re the video you can always pause or fast forward or even run it slower or faster than normal. If you want to still have a link to my stuff, a link to the youtube channel would be well appreciated from my side.
    cheers!
    Mart.