Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What is this fuel tank fitting/flange 1934 ford BB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tx91z28, Oct 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tx91z28

Tx91z28
    from Kemah

I am putting a 1934 ford BB back on the road, it was “restored” Sometime prior to 2009 with some random combination of OE and aftermarket parts. I bought from a collection at auction and have started it every couple years since 2009 but only to bring it up to temp then I would shut it down.

Of course I am going through the fuel system, ignition, cooling, and doing general maintenance as the first step. I pulled the fuel tank to get it cleaned out, and found a very random/odd flange in the bottom of the tank. It looks like the flange in a modern car sending unit, but it’s mounted to the bottom of the tank and looks like the lines were just cut - but they don’t leak... hoping someone can clue me in on what this is?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

On the trucks and pickups of those years that was the suction and the set up for the liquid fuel gauge, I think it was called a hydrostat, one I worked on just had a block off plate in place of that and I put a bulkhead fitting in it and used that for suction to the engine, the fitting on the other end of the tank is the sediment drain, seems most people hook up suction to that, the tank is dimpled for the sediment to go there so I took the suction out of that spot.

3. Tx91z28

Tx91z28
    from Kemah

hmm interesting, it looks like the lines were crimped off internally to seal it. thanks for the knowledge!