Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Did you drive your hot rod or custom this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 31, 2019.

1. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We, too, attended the Hot Rod 100 in St. Charles, MO. If you widen 37_Ford's picture, you can see our yellow '55 Chevy on the left side almost to the end of the row.

It was 564 miles overall.

2. Bob, contact @HOTRODPRIMER. I believe his '50 Ford coupe is still for sale.

Phil

3. gene-koning

gene-koning

Last weekend was a a busy mess for us, we really missed not being able to do the St Louis Hot Rod 100 this year. I was able to put about 100 miles on the coupe Monday (retirement has advantages), but as usual, no pictures to prove it.
    No more long trips this year, the coupe needs some tlc. Hopefully it will be ready for the spring. Gene

chryslerfan55 and MO_JUNK like this.
  4. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Rain and snow last weekend so I tackled some brake upgrades on the '58. The brakes are now good to go, hopefully I can get out for a cruise or two before putting the truck away for the winter...

72755133_2411658428871624_7602613123517775872_n.jpg

5. I drove mine to work one day last week- about 120 miles for the round trip and my better half and I drove it to the appliance store on Saturday afternoon-only about 50 miles round trip there- I didn’t think it was that exciting of a deal so sorry no pics .
    Up this way the nice days are getting to be in short supply.

6. Yes, but nothing too exciting like a show or one of the Hot Rod Hundreds in either St. Louis or Texas like I might have normally gone on. Just Friday night football game hauling other people’s kids around in my pu this time trying to ruin even one if possible with this old car deal... Last week, I hauled the same kids plus some in the 56. You never know whether the old car or the hotrod pu is what will start the interest so better try both. ;)

MO_JUNK, chryslerfan55 and 61Cruiser like this.
  7. Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Yes And I Featured Our Local University... DSCN3124.JPG

9. We missed ya, Gene!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. For the "pics or it didn't happen folks...

Thanks for coming over to play cars with us. I think I ran somewhere upwards of 700 for the weekend coming up from Springfield to help @cvstl and the rest of the CrossMembersCC crew with the event. Dennis Parks and I rode around shooting photos. I think I posted a little over 350 of them on my FB page, and then shared it to the FB 6th Annual StL HRH event page, if you hadn't gotten to see them.

72523364_10218475405264154_8487334678066364416_o.jpg
    72985655_10218475521067049_768892256580009984_o.jpg

11. 34Larry

34Larry

Not last weekend, but I did put a couple of miles on it Tuesday, a beautiful sunny day. Winter has now entered the Washington skies and that means rain, which started Wednesday. It can cloud up and be wet and gray until next April so I just wanted to get a full tank of gas, put in some, (is it seafoam)?, and put it away for the season. One of the older guys at the new Advance Auto is its number one fan, and I also wanted to see what he thought of the new dual quad air cleaner now on it. It still has a intermittent miss at higher rpm and I was hoping it had gone away, and if not plan on tearing it down over the bad months coming. Don't know if I'll even get to that either what with the way my health is going down hill. I feel like that could possibly be the last time these old hands and mind are able and capable of steering it around the local roads. Problems with............ah hell, it is what it is and that ain't good. Love tuning into all you guys though and hearing of your adventures and looking at the great rides you all have and post. First thing I do in the morning while downing my oatmeal.

12. I really like this car, be still my heart. :)

LOWDUG37 likes this.
  13. oj

oj

A little ot car but I thought it was funny as shit: 003.JPG 004.JPG

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  14. Speed~On

Speed~On

Yes....had to fill the tank with race gas. My little hot rodder was my copilot.

20190619_162847.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    chryslerfan55, MO_JUNK, oj and 2 others like this.
  15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Thanks much,
    But I have to let my Biscayne go first...Not easy for me to do...(PS not me in the picture)
    [​IMG]

16. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are welcome! We had a great time. How many cars did you end up having run the route?

17. It was somewhere around 120, but Clay @cvstl could probably answer with the actual. I don't know what we had on the pre-registered list that didn't attend, and how many registered "day of".

We'll be doing the SWMO Hot Rod Hundred on April 11, if you are itching to get the car out in the spring.

chryslerfan55 and lonejacklarry like this.
  18. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Bauder would be Pleased !

19. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Drove the 3 window 830 miles round trip to deuces 101 in Petaluma ca. About 175 Deuces. DSCN0414_696.JPG

20. hudson48

hudson48

Out this morning for cars and coffee. Not a big turnout for this one as there was also another major event on that looks like it sucked up a lot of cars that would normally be at our event.Will post a separate thread on this with pictures. 20191020_074018_resized.jpg

21. Weather's been on the downward slide for the last few weeks, heading for sshhh, winter. But, some sunny days in a row, got the coupe out yesterday, and today. Yay!

MO_JUNK likes this.
  22. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I found enough time this afternoon to change my shocks, rotate the tires and get the truck back on the ground. I did go for a short test drive. Pedal effort is more to my liking thanks to the booster upgrade and the ride seems better too. It will be nice enough to get a little more windshield time in before I'm forced to park it for the winter...
    72882819_2426697480701052_7356234875793309696_n.jpg

23. 54BOMB

54BOMB

24. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful sunny Saturday 10/19/19 in East Central Brrmont!. Took the River loop to check the village's power supply for meltdowns. Broke my speedo cable and developed a sticky brake, but how ya gonna do that w/o drivin' em? IMG_3393.JPG

MO_JUNK, hfh and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

Yup, but only a few miles to check everything after I cut the coils...

Attached Files:

MO_JUNK and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Rained all day yesterday and last night, but this afternoon the sun came out. So I drove over to the shop and pulled BGII, my '31Hiboy roadster out and locked the shop behind me.:)
    Nowhere special to go, so I just took to the paved county roads and made a great big circle all the way around town about 5-10 miles out. No place special to go, just enjoying the pipe's song and the bite of the clutch as I rowed through the 4 speed. Nothing real fast or reckless, but not exactly slow either, LOL.:cool:
    Back at the shop as the sun hung on the horizon, feeling great, at peace with the whole world and just glad to be here!:D

27. rained all weekend, 36 stayed in the garage …. wa wa wa wa

28. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I took the 30 pickup to church this morning. It was a little chilly when I left, so I put some long sleeves on, but by the time I got there 45 minutes later it was too hot. Had a nice drive home too. Love driving that thing!

dirty old man and MO_JUNK like this.
  29. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Drove it a little but mostly checking out changes I'm making. The '31 hasn't been driven much because since I "finished" it I haven't fixed/modified the little things that have made it less than enjoyable to drive.
    Took the wife's chrome spokes off and put the Sprints back on.... looks much better. The DD steering shaft had started to rust after storing it outside during the summer, so made new SS shafts for it. Pulled the steering wheel and lubed the steering shaft bearings and horn contact ring..... turns so much smoother (and quietly) now.
    I have 2 things left to do that will make a huge difference driving-wise. The rear spring rates are too stiff (225lbs ea) making big bumps a pucker moment. Ordered a pair of 175lb springs which should smooth it out and drop the rear an inch or so giving the coilovers a little more stroke. Last is a little item called "The Cure" that Jeep 4 wheelers use to tighten up the tie rod at the middle of the drag link to keep it from "rocking" when you turn back and forth.
    With these changes I expect it to drive nicely, be more enjoyable to drive rather than a chore and make me want to rack up some miles.

MO_JUNK and chryslerfan55 like this.