Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedway Hyd throwout brg

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sdluck, Oct 15, 2019.

1. sdluck

sdluck

Any body using speedway Hyd to brg I am using it inside a old scattershield behind a sbc with t 10 from a 62 vette ,minimum clearence with no shims is about .030 between the 3 finger and the to brg

2. sdluck

sdluck

The scatter shield was given to me,no block plate?

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would be better if you had a little more but as long as you have free play on the pedal you will be ok. Unlike a mechanical one which will be pulled off the clutch fingers they will always touch/ride the clutch fingers. Heating up the disc may take up the .030” but I’d still try it. The block plate will make perfect.
    Proper bleeding helps. We just stick the bleed hose in a cup of brake fluid and pump the pedal a few times and close the bleeder.
    Keep a look out for leaks if it’s not new. Good luck.

4. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

I'm too tired to contemplate this right now, but doesn't this clearance decrease when the clutch disc wears? Also, if for drag racing, don't rules require the blow-shield front plate? (Sad story -- I just missed a Chevy blow-shield/bell housing with front plate at a local swap meet, due to slow decision making, for $25!)

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, as the disc wears the fingers are moved closer to the TO bearing. Hydraulic ones are not like mechanical like I said. They sit on the fingers most of the time. Don’t know how your system is but pedal free play will by you some time. I’ve used Rams, McCleods and Howe’s and some without plates. Are you sure you squeezed all the fluid out? Do Speedways have a finger to stop them from turning?