Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 55oldsholiday, Oct 14, 2019.

1. 55oldsholiday

55oldsholiday

Hello Everybody,
    I just wanted to introduce myself.. my name is Will and I recently inherited this 1955 Oldsmobile 88 Holiday. It has been in my family since new. My grandfather (Ollie) bought it for my grammy as a daily driver. The cars nickname is Ollie. I picked it up two weeks ago with my son and we have started to take it apart for a restoration. Enjoy the pictures! IMG_5954.JPG IMG_6272.JPG IMG_6285.JPG IMG_6290.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Welcome to the HAMB Will. That's a great looking Olds. I really like seeing family cars. I have my dads 67 Pontiac that he bought new, and my first car a 68 Vette. They will stay in our family too. Your son will have a lots of fun helping you restore it, and making good memories. Like the big smile on his face! Keep us posted on your progress. Thanks. Ron.....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on saving that olds, your son is so fortunate to be able to be involved in the restoration, I hope the kid will keep that car for a long time!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Just saying WOW is not nearly enough. If the floorboards are not rusted out you will have an easy job restoring this one. If I got one like that I would just restore to original and keep it like it was bought. With the engine & tranny freshened up along with paying attention to tire age, brakes and wiring it will run down the Hwy with today's traffic with no problem. Keep us updated as work progresses. Jimmie

5. tmirisola

tmirisola

Congratulations :) Nice Car

6. 55oldsholiday

55oldsholiday

Little update on my project. Got the frame cleaned up. I first pressure washed it, then degreased it, lastly metal prep before the two coats of POR-15 went on it! And am now starting to go through the suspension. IMG_6509.JPG IMG_6519.JPG IMG_6299.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

41 GMC K-18 likes this.