Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chopped/Channeled '31 Pickup - L.A. area history?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Scotch

Scotch

Some of you know that I bought the '31 Model A pickup that 27Graham rebuilt and updated. The build thread is here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/31-model-a-hot-rod-restoration.847790/

The truck was actually built a long time ago and neither of us know anything about it's history. It did have an interesting decal on the firewall when he got it: [​IMG]

This tells us that the truck spent some time in Inglewood (or close to it) before phone numbers changed over. So, it's been a hot rod for a long time.

This is a good thing, of course, but can we find any evidence of it's past life? I'm asking the historians here to see if they could find any pictures or features on a heavily chopped/channeled '31 Ford pickup that might match this one. Any clues or hints are welcomed, and let's hope we can solve this mystery and learn a bit more about this old hot rod truck!
    Craig_7.jpg

Jet96, Stephen Barrett and Stogy like this.
  2. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Altered Pilot should know !!

Stogy likes this.
  3. Scotch

Scotch

A different angle...
    I wish I had a collection of early magazines to dig through, but I just don't! Craig10.jpg

Jet96, Stephen Barrett and Stogy like this.
  4. Jet96, Stogy and Scotch like this.

5. ... or does it say Dicey 7 ??? I can't tell. Lucky 7 or Dicey 7 ... anyone ?

Stogy likes this.
  6. Scotch

Scotch

Thanks! There were some questions about the age of the build in that thread, and it's apparent to me that the chassis has more modern updates but the cab was cut a long time ago. It's the cab I'm interested in and the severity of the chop and channel job make me think it would have stood out.

Stogy likes this.
  7. I was cruising Inglewood in the late '50's but don't remember ever seeing that car.

8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Super nice build. Very inspiring.

9. Scotch

Scotch

Okay - it seems it's a later build with repro details. Fooled me, but I love it and I'm good with it. Thanks all!!

Moriarity likes this.
  10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Looks like a whole lot of fun.

Scotch likes this.
  11. Scotch

Scotch

No question about that!

12. bchctybob

bchctybob

Every hot rod has a story and a soul all its own. Some are made up of parts that were hot rodded years ago and some are old parts just finding their true calling. Either way they are here, many years later for us to enjoy and care for.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Scotch likes this.