Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Gassers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CDN34Pickup, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Can’t get much cooler that this... 8EC4BBC1-3772-4C94-AA80-ED58D44EAD57.jpeg

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:eek:
    I guess I'll have to take your word on that!

3. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you haven't seen it yet, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN, PLEASE DON'T GO LOOKIN FOR IT!!! It'll COMPLETELY ruin your day! LOL!

loudbang, 31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^Yes, some Uncle LEO more-than-likely gave the guy a ticket for tires sticking outside of the fenderwells^^^^. Should have just went with some narrower tires on that street freak; there's NO WAY it's a "real Gasser" anyway. Nice mudflaps however! Garners the same sort of attention these light weight, screwed-on-the-trunk-lid "spoilers" do on the tuner cars. I usually comment on their nice "luggage rack"; really p*sses them off for some reason that I don't quite understand. There's even some guy running around town in his Mazda Miata with a luggage rack that extends about two feet out of each side, and is two "wings" one on top of the other, like a bi-plane. Where does all this tasteless cr*p, that really is't functional, come from anyways? I am Butch/56sedandelivery

5. loudbang

loudbang

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^Gotta love the guy leaning in to look at the interior of this green 56 Bel Air 2 door sedan^^^. So many these days just place their hands on the door edge of the open window and lean in; and there's their belt buckle, and whatever's in their pockets messing up all your hard work. THIS, is what's wrong with cruise in-car shows. I have NO IDEA how to take care of it, other than stand beside your car with semi-automatic firearm deterrents in hand. It's like everything else in this "entitlement" society we live in, they're going to do whatever they're going to do. Simply because, they have no clue, and you can thank their parents for that!!! JMO. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

enloe, loudbang, Old wolf and 3 others like this.
  7. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

IMG_5010.JPG IMG_5014.JPG IMG_5015.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. loudbang

loudbang

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

65pacecar likes this.
  10. RmK57

RmK57

11. loudbang

loudbang

That engine ^^^^ will cause a few cases of heartburn :cool:

12. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heartburn, anxiety, nausea, rage or any combination thereof. Break out the Pepto-Bismol!

31hotrodguy, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  13. loudbang

loudbang

14. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

"Turnabout is fair play."

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  15. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Touche!

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Posted by Loudbang, this is a refreshing change. No straight axle, Moon tank
    or injectors. Plain old chrome wheels (not smoothies) and a normal stance. Yeah,
    I realize this is a "gasser" thread but I guess I'm tired of seeing the same basic car
    over and over again. Thanks, LB.

ZZZZZImage.JPG

17. loudbang

loudbang

AND the best thing is it could STILL be a NHRA legal gasser in that trim. But can't see any markings. :)

18. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

loudbang likes this.
  19. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

It’s kind of refreshing and I’m not a big fan of yellow!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, Deuces and quick85 like this.
  20. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

At least the fakes allow brakes. Safety first.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, Deuces and enloe like this.
  21. rooman

rooman

The point is that the "real" cars of that era all used wheels that were compatible with brakes as front stoppers were required by the rules (until well past the HAMB cut off date). The 12 spokes were an altered class deal and as such are totally inappropriate for a gasser clone. The other other stuff like overly jacked up cars, fake injector scoops, bogus "Moon" tanks etc are merely excessive interpretations of the style of that era.

Roo

Oilguy, 31hotrodguy, X38 and 3 others like this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

tenor (1).gif Notthisshitagain_zps285f6780.jpg monkey-ear.jpg

'40 Coupe Fan, loudbang and quick85 like this.
  23. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

^^ Is that a real chimpanzee or a knockoff? I don't know, his haircut
    seems a little too perfect. Look at his fingers, they're not very hairy.
    And just when do you think he was born?

'40 Coupe Fan, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  24. rooman

rooman

My point is that there are a whole bunch of photos in this thread (and several others like the two Willys threads) that are far from complying with the HAMB guidelines as to vehicle style and appearance. A moderator recently jumped on the guys on the Junior Stock thread about post HAMB era cars and I am surprised that it has not happened here as well. I have plenty of photos of Tri Fives that I have not posted because they have Centerline, Super Trick etc wheels which fall outside the timeline. The Willys threads are the same --lots of late model Weld wheels etc. Paul (Hudson48) from Australia got in trouble with the Moderators earlier this year for posting photos of cars with inappropriate wheels from a down under run so be careful that it does not happen here.

Roo

Oilguy likes this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You are being far too kind in your wording Roo!

26. Atleast the cars this thread is staying within Hamb era. The Jr. Stock thread cars were getting way outside Hamb era, even into the mid 70's. I agree with Roo on wheels etc. that can be seen in photos. Bet if you eliminated all cars on Hamb that look Hamb friendly in photo but have something not Hamb friendly not seen (suspension, interior, i.e late model brakes, seats, radio, transmissions, etc. ) probably 90% of the cars would have to be removed.

27. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Roo, the only way the posting of inappropriate photos will stop is if the
    members police themselves, and there doesn't appear to be a desire to do
    that. You'll notice that people are "liking" these pics. There's a hunger to
    both see the pics and become part of the discussion by posting them. I'm
    one of those that likes to post (some) because I believe I take good photos
    and like to share them, but on the whole I'd prefer to see far fewer of the
    recently built cars, mainly because they all look basically the same.

This problem isn't unique to the Tri-Five or the Willys threads. Give people
    a chance to post pics and no matter what the rules or intentions are, guys
    are going to post whatever the hell they want. Many will post magazine photos
    to be included, and that's not right to me. Post the photos that you own.
    Mr Moriarty and I have had a few differences of opinion on posting but I can
    appreciate that he's trying to keep the site pure. I still have to throw in the
    occasional jab at the purists, though. As is often said, if you don't like what
    you see simply don't look. Note, when I say "you" I'm talking about the
    collective "you" that hate the faux, phony, bogus and inappropriate, I'm not
    pointing a finger at any particular expert. Hell, if you can get guys to stop
    posting what they shouldn't, I'll delete as many of my "off" postings that I
    can dig up. As a matter of fact, I've done that in the past. Until then, I'm going
    to dig on the photos posted and ignore the cars I don't like.

ffr1222k likes this.