Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest old car you've seen in a junkyard?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobG, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

In the early 70's in Miami I was looking for a 39 Ford frame...found one in a yard and got it but sitting right next to it was a 54 Caddy floral wagon. Looked like someone drove it in and parked it there. In the mid 60's before I could drive I explored a junkyard in New Smyrna Beach. Found a 40 Willys coupe on it's side and an Indian motorcycle on a rack on the back of a late 40's Buick. In the 70's again at a different junkyard in Miami there was a 58 Vette but a good chunk of it was gone.

2. gtokid70

gtokid70

I remember a few yards hear in Ontario Canada early 90s. Can't remember all the cars but i remember a 60 chev sedan delivery sitting on its roof, some 50s chevs and fords. The other yard out in the bush had a nice early 60s Chrysler had a cool dash, I was in the car then all of a sudden a snake came out from under the dash. The saddest thing i saw was about 10 years ago at a yard that i was buying a 56 ford tow truck, later to find out that a guy was killed when working under a car using the tow truck to hold it up and the boom let go. Went inside to pay and there was a picture of a 55 chev nomad and a 55 - 56 chev cameo THESE WERE MINT CARS they got put in the crusher because the owner died and in his will he wanted the cars crushed because he didnt want anybody to have them. Sad

Sent from my SM-A520W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Not a junk yard but maybe 25-30 years ago the wife and I were on Vaca in Aruba and during a island tour in a rented crapcan we happened by the island dump and sitting in the middle of the smouldering trash was a 1960 blue and white T-Bird just sitting there wheelless and caved in but completely surrounded by trash. Could not believe my eyes I even snapped a picture of it. Ralphie

4. 1956 Borgward and a 1955 StudePack. bought 'em, cleaned 'em, sold 'em.

5. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

A chopped Carson-topped 40 (39?) Ford convertible sedan. It had no title and was sent to the crusher. At 16, I didn't have enuf to buy it if I could.

6. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I thought this was pretty cool so I hauled it home and put it back on the road.

Gary

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

As a kid in the 60s over here in the UK I used to love going to the scrap yard with my Dad, the English cars I liked were the ones with American styling , but in one particular yard was a huge turquoise 50s American convertible I cant remember the make but I would always sit in it , loved the dashboard /clocks styling , looking back now it must have only been around 10 years old , back then a lot of cars did not survive the UK weather

8. The late Arthur Richmond's place in the Beaverdale Communityy near Dalton GA. Had been there since the late '20s (Arthur was born in 1905 and lived into the late '90s. Lived in a shack in the middle of the yard. He had a lot of old Fords from Model T remnants up into the '40s. A half dozen or more '40-'41 Lincoln Zephyrs and a '38 Zephyr. A '24 Chevy. A '24 Chrysler rumble seat roadster with the side door in the quarter panel for golf clubs. A '37 Hudson Terraplane 2 door. Lots of '35-'40 Fords. Plus buildings full of parts. If Arthur didn't like you, it didn't matter how much money you had. If he liked you, he would give you stuff. He liked me, much to the benefit of Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup.