Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Rare 1955 Chevrolet Apache Milk Truck, nice Texas body

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by corndog, Oct 2, 2019.

1. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

City: Granger

State: Indiana
    Price: $12,500
    Selling this rare and interesting Texas 55' Chevy delivery truck built by legendary Texas pinstriper "Dirty of Dallas" in 2012. The truck is still 99% as-built by Dirty with the only change being the re-upholstered captain chairs. The truck has real nice original sheet-metal with just a few minor spots of corrosion showing. Chassis is original with stock front axle and hydraulic drum brakes all around. The rear end has been updated with an 86 Suburban 6-lug unit with 3:42 gears. All four sets of leaf springs have been re-manned to sit the truck a little lower and Hi-jacker air shocks were installed on the rear. Tires are wide-white Silver Town radials on chrome wheels with baby moons.
    Engine has been updated with a rebuilt '68 Camaro 230 in-line 6 that is bored .040 over. It has a new marine cylinder head , RV cam, Offenhauser 4 barrel intake w 390cfm Holley, Hooker headers split into dual exhaust, HEI distributor and GM 1-wire alternator. Engine fires right up with 35 psi oil pressure at idle, runs and sounds great. Transmission is a Saginaw 4-speed. Radiator is stock 55 Chevy truck.
    The wiring in the entire truck has been professionally re-done but still retains the old starter pedal on the floor. All new gauges were installed overhead with a matching speedo and tach installed in the original dash cluster. Taillights are 1970 Mustang Mach I. Truck has working fog lights in front and two interior cooling fans as well as a factory cowl vent. All safety glass is new and all door and window seals were replaced with new in 2012. All lights, horn, wipers, and turn signals are working.
    The truck currently has no brakes and IMO needs a new master cylinder. It does have a working floor-mounted emergency brake but it is not "drivable" right now. The truck has been sitting in a warehouse for about 6 months and needed a new battery, which I installed today. I did drive it around in the parking lot today to make sure everything was working other than brakes. But it is not drive-able right now due to no brakes and is being sold as-is. The truck has a real nice welded- 55 chevy milk truck.JPG in hitch receiver below the rear bumper.
    The truck is being sold with many new parts shown in the one picture that includes a new fan shroud, tow bar, wiper motor, Dynamat, tune-up parts, etc. Lowered price to $12,500. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. Truck is located in southern Michigan just 10 miles from where I live in northern, Indiana. Truck has a good Michigan title. PM me here on the HAMB with questions NO TRADES!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

still for sale at new price

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  3. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana