Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical New hemi owner

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Omarsvette, Oct 31, 2018.

1. oj

oj

Now you got me wondering, did I screw the pooch? I installed my timing tape as it were a SBC, do I need to turn it around?

loudbang likes this.
  2. Omarsvette

Omarsvette
    from Arizona

image.jpg
    I kinda did that. You think this is ok

loudbang and oj like this.
  3. oj

oj

Nobody cares what I think but Chrysler thinks its about perfect, looks good.

loudbang and Omarsvette like this.
  4. Omarsvette

Omarsvette
    from Arizona

D370FD10-3515-49E4-BBF1-A4BD851173CE.jpeg 53E9FC93-B9C7-471E-B833-B11EC7F02F2F.jpeg You guys know how this comes off or how it works. It’s the thermostat

loudbang likes this.
  5. You can pull that thermostat right out, it may take some gentle persuasion. but try not to destroy it you may need it.
    Napa sells a thermostat kit that adapts a newer style thermostat, but the one I got didn't fit the housing very well so I ended up gutting the old thermostat and using its body to hold a new style(like a small block chevy style) in place.
    I would go that route: gut the old one and take it and the housing to Napa to size up an off the shelf stat for easy replacement. By the way I've had good luck with stant super stat's and motorad's. some of the others end up sticking in a short period of time.

loudbang and Omarsvette like this.
  6. Omarsvette

Omarsvette
    from Arizona

D8DCFD50-CB6B-4887-A2B9-AE369874147C.jpeg This is what the auto parts said is th correct part for a 1954 Chrysler New Yorker 331 thermostat. Nothing like the original but it does press in.

Unfortunately I didn’t notice that when I was removing the original thermostat so I did bend it to remove it. And pressed the new one in.

The rubber part sits against the housing, the bottom metal lip creates a spacer between the housing and manifold. I hope the gasket/sealant will seal well.

loudbang likes this.
  7. hydro tranny adaptor was my high school graduation gift from my folks in '67! Included the flywheel.
    Drag Machine adaptor 2.jpg
    Drag Machine adaptor 3.jpg
    Drag Machine adaptor.jpg
    Engine 4.jpg
    Tranny 2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    HemiDeuce, Omarsvette and loudbang like this.
  8. Omarsvette

Omarsvette
    from Arizona

don colaps and loudbang like this.