Register now to get rid of these ads!

Entry intro is a new thread? I hope so here it goes

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by PhilS53, Oct 9, 2019.

?

PhilS53 L restomod build

Poll closed Nov 27, 2019.
  1. Build using original frame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Build on modern donor frame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PhilS53

PhilS53

BAD58C80-2C53-460D-929E-14F0A27D0841.jpeg Cheers , intro most call me flip my names Phil . I found site searching for info on upgrade projects I’m into . Finding well done resto-mods ,restorations etc with photos and coherent forums to boot ,I had to sign up . Retired A&P mechanic with lots of projects to keep me busy . The thread about IHC pickups especially caught my eye as my 53 L sits in my barn . I’ve rescued it ,brought it back on the road and wore it down again . New tech is available and it could be so much more . The few photos documenting the fine rides I’ve saved to my files for future reference . I’ll make the original parts that I don’t use available too. Not so great with forum type new tech ....I really hope this posts in correct venue

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Cool in! I just finished a 54 for a customer 20190921_112554_1569085759181.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A600A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

PhilS53 likes this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome Flip.
    Glad to have you on board!!
    PJ.

PhilS53 likes this.
  4. PhilS53

PhilS53

Thank you for reply and sweet ride pics too. Cool in a shop that has great old classics in the yard ,not just the usual grocery getters. May I ask.. Ya a speciality shop or full service ? Ya know I couldn't pull all my projects out in peace until I posted “ not for hire” by the driveway.

5. PhilS53

PhilS53

Thanks Petejoe for warm welcome and knowledge common courtesy is still out there sir. Well thought out replies and messages so far thank you all so very much! Posts and views alike .

Petejoe likes this.
  6. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I remember those well as I got my drivers license in 53 and the main drag thru town back home had a red light right in front of the IH dealer. Keep us posted with photo's as work progresses. Jimmie

PhilS53 likes this.
  7. PhilS53

PhilS53

My profile pic was only pic with L in it on that device I was using. It’s from few months back before the float sunk and stuck a ring ( maybe ,not investigated yet) . Short fun rides with some friendly farmer waves I miss already. The intro pic was archived so I dug it up to share there .It got new shoes after few weeks of clear the tank,replace a drum all the linings ,points and new 6 volt she fired right up. I was amazed! Took the pic. Thanks ,Jimmie I will

8. Slopok

Slopok

Welcome, you might find some useful information at oldihc.org.

9. PhilS53

PhilS53

Thanks ,that’s great advice Slopok they’re a fine group for keeping it original . I only read there for few years now. I met a few of them about 10 years ago in Springfield Ohio Fairgrounds fall show . It used to be a regular international event paired with swap meet. Mostly just swap meet now. Big hearted gents shared much in info and parts. I got 5 hubcaps for $150 then they gave me one of each outta their inventory anything they had doubles on. Thanks Harry and J. I got a lot of use outta those things. I’m phils53 there too . Retired and got time now maybe find some events .I best turn it into something that will make trips at highway speed ( enhance its value for the family). It’s very rural here and it fit in on the 12-14 ft wide back roads around here . Maybe one of the grandkids will take a shine to it . Thanks again

10. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I do restoration / hot rod stuff , exhaust , welding ect .. from rebuilding carbs to full builds

Sent from my SM-A600A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app