Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hershey Score!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sporty45, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Sporty45

Sporty45

I found a guy in Ohio with all the sheet metal parts I needed for my 47 Old's coupe, but shipping to NH would have killed me. He informed me he was going to be in Hershey and could bring everything with him. So I decided it was time to go to my first ever Hershey event, and it was going to be much cheaper to do that than pay the shipping costs for the parts, plus a whole lot more fun! I arranged to meet up with him Monday and he said I could use one of his passes to drive in Tuesday and load my truck up right at his spot as he said he couldn't sell anything on Monday. Not really sure why though?? Anyway, I got there Monday and met up with him and sure enough he had everything. Being that Monday was tent day, my buddy and I stayed around to help him set up his tent. So, I got everything loaded up and headed home Tuesday. Got it all unpacked today, laid it all out on the ground and took pictures. The only thing is, the left front fender is the wrong one. It is 2" inches longer than the correct one. I'm kicking myself in the ass right now for not measuring them when I loaded them. I didn't notice the difference in them til today. Not sure if I can use some of it to fix my old fender, but the best solution I can come up with is meeting up with him next year and swapping it out for the correct fender. I was planning to go again anyway, as I didn't have the chance to stay longer than the 2 days I was there and that simply is not enough time to see all the good stuff there! Just hope he does in fact have the correct fender...

IMG_20191009_095335002.jpg IMG_20191009_134530852.jpg IMG_20191009_134556268.jpg

mgtstumpy, Tim, dana barlow and 7 others like this.
  2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Boy my pickup would of been packed full if I made that trip. Good luck on your fender.

3. Sporty45

Sporty45

I hear ya, but my truck was loaded with everything I needed for my car, at least I thought so! Just got off the phone with him, and he apologized, he thought it was the right fender. He has a lot of inventory back home he will need to go through when he gets back. Hope he has the right one

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  4. Sporty where in OH is this vendor? I am making a run to KY at the end of the month and returning from Indy a week later. Might be able to help you out. Got lots of storage in the basement of the coach.

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

Thanks for the offer! He is in Sydney. He said he will be in upstate NY either the end of this month or the middle of November depending on some other things he has going on. I am supposed to call him next week when he gets back from Hershey and has a chance to look at his inventory to see if he has the right fender. He told me if he does that he will bring it with him to NY and I will just drive up there to meet up. Quicker than waiting til next year and driving to Hershey again! I will report back here and update this post as soon as I get more info next week. Thanks again :cool:

lothiandon1940 and Tim like this.
  6. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

The only thing I got today at Hershey was sore feet. But seriously I got some good things there

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sporty45 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Sporty45

Sporty45

OK, it took me a little longer to update this thread than I planned, but here it is. As it turned out, the right fender was not correct either. It was 3/4" longer than mine! Very strange. So I called him back to inform him about it and he started questioning whether my car had been in an accident before. I told him there was no evidence of it, but anything is possible. It also had a different style of mounting pad in the upper rear corner of the fender. Mine has two mounting holes and this one had only one. It also had an air box kind of thing on the inner fender that mine did not. Now, I can fix those mounting and air box issues, but won't even attempt to figure out how to shorten it by 3/4"! He said it sounded weird that it was only 3/4" longer, but where it had a different mount style he agreed that it definitely sounded like it went to a different model. He said he would check his inventory. He called me back the next day and said he indeed did have 3 fenders of the correct length and mounting style, so that much is good news. Now the bad news, he does not have a correct fender for the drivers side, but mine isn't too bad. I have already started fixing the drivers side, and will meet up with him sometime in the near future to give him back both of these fenders and get the correct one for the passenger side. I am still very happy with what I managed to come up with, it makes this project just that much easier :D

PS, I have a story to tell about my drivers side fender that I'm fixing, but need to upload some pictures and will start a new thread about it.