Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodies Speed Shop -Cars Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goodies-SpeedShop, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

Hey Guys,

We need to show some HAMB support at the Goodies Speed Shop Grand Re-Opening Get Together. It's Septmeber 29th.

There will be a big drawing for hot rod parts and swag, a live band, Mojo Burger catering and badass cars.

We have 2 Nostalgia dragsters, a T/A funny car, a Henry J drag car and muscle cars lined up. We need some traditional hot rods!

Show-off parking is limited so show up early for showing off. Plenty of parking around the building. Come and go as you please.

A bunch of the Goodies employees from the 60's will be on hand for some great stories of Jungle Jim, Lew Arrington and other early drag racers.

Tony Huntimer
    http://www.goodies-speedshop.com/

2. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Hey HAMBers.. I had an hour to kill friday morning...stopped by and checked out the new Goodies...
    Its the real deal....they have the stock on hand and from listening to the personell (on the phone and with customers in the store) they know what they are doing..
    I am a retired parts guy (traditonal, real parts store with machine shop,paint,etc...) and a racer for 39 years so i don't say this lightly...
    support these guys and shop here..we need more places like this..
    maybe we can convince them to become an alliance vendor!
    dave ;-)

3. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

The shop van is great.

4. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

Thanks!

It would be great for some Hambers to show up.

The "Hamb" burgers will be waiting for you and your hot rods.

:)
    Tony Huntimer

5. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Wheres " Brutus " when ya need him ?...Shop Van's "Groovy"

6. Mike

Mike

Goodie's is re-opening, cool. I grew up in the Los Gatos / Campbell area and Goodie's was a staple for all the go fast crowd in the south bay area.

Hell, if I didn't already have something going on on the 29th, I'd probably jump in my heap, head up there and spend a weekend back home.

7. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I heard about the car show after stoppin by your shop a couple days ago. I'll be coming by in my '65.

[​IMG]

can't wait to see the shop van in person, heard it was at the upholstery shop the day i came in.
    see ya soon:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

10. Terry

Terry

Funny, Goodies is across the street from Permian, home of the MOJO football team here. I thought at first this was a post about Texas...LOL

11. johnnykck

johnnykck

Hey, I'll bring my 512cid Caddy powered model A roadster pick up. You said "show up early for parking" what time is best?

12. Maybe Porky the Pirate will be there.

Ask any of the old guys about the porkmeister.

13. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

Great! Starting time is 8AM. You don't have to stay all day if you don't want. It's been a long time since there was an event like this in the parking lot, so there's no telling what time would be best for the cars to get great parking. I'm sure it's going to be a great time. We have a wide spectrum of cars showing up. Bring your ear plugs if you want to get close the racecars when they fire up. :)

Tony Huntimer

14. Which nostalgia cars are coming?

15. Camm

Camm

16. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

Unfortunately we don't know where any of the "original" Goodies Speed Shop cars or dragsters are from this page:
    http://www.racehome.com/goodies.htm

But we have Brendan Murray's Nostalgia dragster showing up. Shawn Corbari (son of Ron Corbari-original Goodies altered driver) is bringing his dragster and Brett Williamson (son of Don Williamson who had the Goodies sponsored Hairy Canary Valiant) is bringing his T/A funny car. Don Williamson will be at the event too. He raced and was friends with Jungle Jim and Lew Arrington, of Brutus fame. There's going to be a lot of other cool cars too. If the Mallicoat Brothers Cuda was not damaged in their horrific accident it could have been at the show too. It's a miracle Gary and Jerry are still alive.

If anyone has info on any of the original cars still in existence please let me know. It would be awesome to have that info.

Thanks,
    Tony Huntimer

17. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

Hey Camm,

Any pics of the dragster?

Tony Huntimer

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Back in the 70s we had a 'speed' shop in our podunk town of Burnley, Lancashire, England called Bolt On Goodies, they sold the usual crap like Cal custom scoops, sidepipes, prismatic stickers and metalflake paint, but for a teenage kid, like me, it was like being in heaven when visiting that place on a Saturday afternoon.

Good luck.

19. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

sounds kool....I'll be there....guess I'll have to leave Salinas around 6-6:30....anybody want to cruise up????

20. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

I'm glad the weather will be better than last weekend. :)

More confirmations were done today. Gary and Jerry Mallicoat will be on hand. Unfortunately their Cuda is being repaired from their accident. There will be a couple more nostalgia cars showing up. :)

Tony Huntimer

21. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

the sun is out,i'm heading down there in a bit...:D

22. johnnykck

johnnykck

Just got back about an hour ago, nice little show, saw a few nice cars and a lot of muscle cars, especially Camaro's, it was like Camaro central.
    Thanx for the free Burger and Soda!

23. Goodies-SpeedShop

Goodies-SpeedShop

Thanks for coming! It was a good time. It was nice to have more than Camaros at the event. We'll be able to plan a much better event next year now that we have an idea of what to do.

There were some cool cars from Hamb there. :)

Take care,
    Tony Huntimer

24. Von Franco

Von Franco

Hey Tony have you checked with Terry Davis he has a lot of cool drag stuff
    if he`s still around.I miss Goodies speedshop I was there in the ol days..........

25. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thank for having us, met some new people at the show and chatted with some 'ol friends as well, i had a blast. The burgers were awesome, thanks again! It was cool to see Wayne's truck there as well:)

26. Chuck R

Chuck R

Fun deal.I got there in the afternoon and it was a full house. The speed shop is cool with lots of room to work. They fired up one of the 2 rails while I was there, great sounds and smells. Cool day.
    chuck

27. modified1927

modified1927

Jim Miraligia was the Manager at San Jose and later moved to Salinas store, he crewed for Liberman on GTO and Nova funny cars IMG_4416.JPG JIms 40 002.JPG . He is still around and driving his 31 Roadster. In '64 it was a tri power Pontiac when he entered it in Oakland Roadster Show, now blown SBC. This picture was a Paso year before last with Dennis Gauge. 79 years young and drives his daily driver a 40 sedan 8 or so thousand miles a year. 9 years older than me and I have to work at it to keep up

28. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If anyone knows the whereabouts of Jungles first 2 Novas it would be Mike Guffey. He’s owned them a couple times. He can probably shed some light on Brutus too.

29. sdluck

sdluck

Where is this and when was it?

30. sdluck

sdluck

I worked at the San Jose Lincoln and the Sunnyvale Knickerbox stores