Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the forums

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Marn99, Oct 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Marn99

Marn99

Hey everyone,
    I felt that I would introduce myself. I am a 20 year old college student passionate about Mustangs, guitar building, and woodworking. While I currently don't have a car, my goal is to have a 1969 Mach 1 rust bucket to restore or resto-mod after I graduate. I first got interested in automobiles through my father, who restored a whole bunch of late 50s and early 60s Porsche's and Corvettes throughout high school. Anyway, that's a brief little bit about me, I'm glad to be a part of the forum!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. Why did you join?????

3. Marn99

Marn99

I want to learn! Especially stuff such as painting and other body work, electronics, etc. I never got the chance to work on cars in my teenage years that my father and his brothers did, aside from helping him with the occasional scratch touch up, waxing, stuff like that. I felt that if I was going to get in to old automobiles, I might as well go in with some background knowledge.

4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Marn....Welcome to the HAMB. There is a ton of information on here covering all aspects of building a car. So much to learn from this talented group! You mentioned woodworking....there are some awesome threads where guys have built car bodies using wood bucks. Pretty interesting.

Most of us have cars in our collection that don't meet the intent of this site. Basically we just don't discuss them. If you have a question regarding your off topic Mustang don't ask it here...it will get deleted quickly. It's best to read and comprehend the site before becoming very active. You never know....you may come to the darkside and get a car that fits the focus!

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Young guy has a whole lotta love coming for other types of cars in this hobby.
    Good for you and welcome!!
    Apply your stang questions without mentioning the car make.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.
    Like has been said keep all questions as generic as possible for off topic cars. There is sooo much knowledge to learn here.
    As for the rust bucket..... I would talk to some professionals for advice. If you want to do it all yourself a welding/bodywork course would be invaluable.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Marn99

Marn99

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I should also clarify that Mustang's aren't my only interest, and I apologize for not fully grasping that this form is largely pre-1965 cars only, I am also interested in first generation Thunderbirds, 50s GM's, and 50s Chryslers.

captain scarlet and Petejoe like this.
  8. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Actually the forum guidelines states 1965 AND before. So it is really pre 1966.
    Jimmie