Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodders Journal delivery ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I just fired off an email to RJ because apparently issue #82 is out and I haven’t received it and I also haven’t received issue #81 either.

I do have #80 which for some odd reason came on a courier delivery truck rather than in the mail box :confused:

I’m a lifetime subscriber and I know things are slow coming up here to Canada but this is crazy.

I’m sure they’ll fix the situation.

2. I got my #81 quite some time ago. No #82 yet but I don't even think about getting a current issue until at least a month has passed from when guys first start getting them in the U.S. Either we are shipped way after anyone else or they use the absolute cheapest method to get it here because I get parts from the U.S. by regular mail from companies like Rock Auto in 3 or 4 days all the time.

Blue One likes this.
  3. Larry, there is no excuse for not receiving the last 2 issues, especially being a lifetime subscriber.

You need to call them, I did a while back and they had the issue in my mail box 4 days later. HRP

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks Danny, I’ll see if I get a response to my email, if not I’ll call them next week.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

We haven’t received our last issue yet either, seems always slow/ late. Don’t understand why . Last couple issued arrived via UPS , before Canada post . Patience is a virtue ,

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I’d give them a call or email, in life communication is key, things just happen sometimes. :)

7. hudson48

hudson48

There is a separate thread on this by Phil Prather and they did have some issues with moving head office and printing.
    TRJ responded in that thread directly.

lothiandon1940 and Lil32 like this.
  8. That's really late!!!! I've had 82 for at least three weeks.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Who is Phil Prather and where is this alleged thread ?
    If it’s the one that I think I’ve read previously I don’t think it has any bearing on this thread considering the time that has gone by since they moved and also that they’ve put out several issues since then.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

82 was a tad late for everyone due to their move but you should have it now even if they had to haul it in by dog sled. I've had 82 for couple of weeks now.

11. b-bob

b-bob

Old Car Centre in Langley has them.

12. They are the absolute worse at shipping to Canada. It is always at least a month after they show up in the US and retail distributors always have it before subscribers. I have never received my copy before the local retail outlets have it. I really don't even know why I subscribe.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Got 82 at save on in st Albert

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Got my reply from them this morning and they are going to ship out the 2 issues I'm missing.
    Great service, but they told me that delivery can take 6-8 weeks.

That's nuts, surely there must be a better way than that.

15. I told you their service to Canada is CRAP! They literally must use the most low end postage rate that exists on the planet to mail stuff to us. You could probably walk it here in 8 weeks.

Blue One likes this.
  16. Fordors

Fordors

Living in Illinois it was typical for my RJ to arrive at least a couple of weeks after the first mention on the HAMB that someone got theirs. I seriously doubt that they were playing games at the office, I just chalked it up to the postal system. Going to Canada, or Australia for example, you are throwing customs into the mix.
    I sell on eBay and when I ship overseas items with a customs declaration go from my local post office to a building near O’Hare airport for sorting to their destination, I wonder if the hang up could be something with that. Do they sit in the States before going out, or do they sit at customs for a while on your end?

17. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

I took advantage of one of their offers here once - a single old issue of theie choice for like $2 with free shipping.......they charged me $7........Then all those "we'll never do this again" lifetime offers (had to be at least 3) just reeked of a company desperate for $$$$.....I think they do a great job (from what Ive seen) but I don't know them personally, so I can only act on how I've been treated and what others say - and I choose not to do business with them

18. I have subscribed from day one and am a lifetime member, like any business they have had some growing pains but in all this time I have had one problem with the USPS destroying a magazine in transit and upon notification they made it good in a short period of time.

There was a time when their printing was done outside the United States and they have moved their operation from the land of fruits & nuts to Ashland ,Virginia to better serve and they are doing all the printing States side.

They offered us a super deal on a lifetime subscription and I believe they intend to stay for the long haul, there is no doubt in my mind they publish the best magazine available and obviously there are many of us that think that. HRP

Blue One likes this.
  19. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Just back from walking the dog and stopped by the mailbox.
    More bills as usual, but no TRJ #82 yet.
    The last one (#81) came quite quickly so was hopeful. :(
    Guess I might have to shoot them a quick note too.

20. hudson48

hudson48

Phil is an active hot rodder here on the HAMB and a regular poster and a nice guy to boot as I have met him on a couple of occasions on trips over to USA.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/pprather.25685/
    He started the thread originally and this thread is really superfluous.
    Here is the original
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/trj-82.1162055/
    TRJ responded on page 1 at post 18.
    Don't really understand why you queried my post but now hopefully will be fully explained when you check the original thread.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Okay as I suspected I had seen that thread but I couldn’t find it.

My thread is not superfluous as you suggest, I posted because I have not received the last 2 issues and I contacted them to let them know.

I posted because I had a separate issue to deal with ( missing 2 issues and the slow poor delivery to Canada)

I queried your post because I really didn’t need you to point me in the direction of a thread that really wasn’t going to address all of my concerns.

In any case as I said I heard from RJ and they’re going to fix things. :cool:

PoTaToTrUcK and fauj like this.
  22. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

This gives a new meaning to the saying snail mail

23. Well it's been a month since TRJ was on the other thread saying issue #82 subscriptions had mailed guess I can start looking in my mailbox for it now.:rolleyes:

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:D Yes me too. I keep hoping I'll see it and then my replacement for #81 which I never did receive too eventually. :(

25. Mine finally arrived today.:eek:

26. Still waiting down under.
    Al.

27. Mine today, here in the Soo- Canada.

28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Got mine finally yesterday, love the Y block on the cover and the story behind the engine and deuce 5 window it was found in. :cool:

I'd give my left nut :D to be the new owner of that engine and the deuce too. :D:D

Now waiting on the replacement for #81 which I never received.

29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Also just got my issue 81 .

Thanks RJ