Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Whats with people that blow their horns at you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

That's better than tailgating you to get a better look.

Mr48chev and ct1932ford like this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Local radio station I listen to has a commercial where they honk a car horn in it at the first of it.
    Gets me nearly every time:rolleyes:...:mad:...:D

3. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

We (the family) are some of those jerks. We play the "how many wave back" game when we are on the way to the cottage that takes over 3 hours. There is a minimum number that must be met or no alcohol for the rest of the day. The person the farthest away from the total has to get drinks for the rest of us for the entire time we're there. And I'm sure they are all saying "who the hell was that".

I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Driver50x and Happydaze like this.
  4. jim snow

jim snow

I hate it. Usually scares the crap out of me. Just gimme a thumbs up and I will give ya one back. Snowman

slack and ct1932ford like this.
  5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

We used to take the 401 highway to shows out of town and there was always a ton of semi trucks on it. They would always blow their horns at us in approval but what was even more disturbing was when they would pull up next to you to get a better look. The next thing you know the are coming into your lane as they are looking. After a few of these close calls I started taking the roads less travelled.

ct1932ford likes this.
  6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Simple, loose the radio.:)

low budget likes this.
  7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I will take my chances I guess, They do play the classics:cool:...:D 92.7 The Wave (WHVE)
    got to have my tunes to get me goin in the morning:D

slack likes this.
  8. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

As the title does not specify "because your car is cool", some of the responses, especially some of the bay area ones, would seem to give up the fact that they are being honked at for clogging the passing or "fast" lane, AKA Pokey Joe holding up traffic- there is a Pokey Joe lane, and it's not supposed to be on the left lol... Having had to commute in that mess for many years, and actually building the roads and freeways, most of the honking, bird waving and general PO'd stuff is about that. You have your three major categories- TIFL; Texter In Fast Lane: PIFL; Prius In Fast Lane: and FIFL; F-head In Fast lane- and some days you hit the Trifecta. And I did happen to see two Prius's road-raging in slow motion one day- it was hilarious

9. X-cpe

X-cpe

Hand eye coordination.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  10. Yes because it is a hot rod and not the usual Camry on the road.

11. j3harleys

j3harleys

If you drive an old Turd like me nobody honks, nobody waves.:(

ct1932ford likes this.
  12. Johnny, that's sad. If I saw you I'd honk and wave. That's what friends are for.

Phil

13. sunbeam

sunbeam

I have a bumper sticker for that it sez " sorry for driving so close in front of you".

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

and what is with honking at golfers? If I had a dollar for every moron that honked while I was playing I had enough to replace the $5.00 Pro V-1's that I've launched at them...or a beer or three.

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Oh the fun I could have with an air canister boat horn!

16. slack

slack

I believe some people enjoy the attention, not me. I usually see them coming or looking my way out of my peripheral and I avoid making eye contact with them (isn't that terrible?). I loathe the questions and ignorant comments, like: "those 442's are good engines". I don't feel I'm better than anyone else and I'm not antisocial, I have just grown tired of it. I remain cordial and polite to those who I am unable to avoid (groan) :(.

17. slack

slack

Those and the ones with sirens should be outlawed. Muy no bueno.

18. slack

slack

......or get Sirius.

19. slack

slack

Ugh. My brother and I got behind a Jeep in the left lane running between 45 and 55 and weaving on the interstate. We went around on the right to see what this "drunk" looked like and lo and behold, this nimrod had a book open on the steering wheel, reading while driving! (I shit you not :rolleyes:). So they exchanged pleasantries and made arrangements to pull over into the emergency lane for further discussion (and edification). We pulled over and he pulled behind about 20 yards. My bro got out and walked to the tailgate and this guy in flip-flops (lol) and preppy clothes, sprinted right at him. When he got in range, SPLAT, right in the shnoz which immediately issued forth copious amounts of blood. The surprise on his face was comical. What did he expect? Then he remarked: "Did you just hit me?" (X 3). It became clear to me at that moment that this guy had some sort of disconect going on o_O. He wasn't dealing with reality (or a full deck). My brother said: "Yeah, and if you come here I'll hit you again". Yep, he got hit again (SMH). I guess his education was completed at that point because he just lowered his head and went back to his Jeep. I share this lengthy anecdote to illustrate that there is more stupid out there than grains of sand and the later generations have taken stupid to extreme, new, levels with no correction. Don't get me wrong, there are some great, young folks out there. They are simply outnumbered by their cohort and get a bad rap. In my humble opinion, the best thing to do is to get used to it. Personally, I am moving to a rural area where stupid must, necessarily, be sparse due to a decreased population. Stupid, it ain't traditional but it's here to stay. :cool:

williebill, woodsnwater and das858 like this.
  20. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Passed a tractor trailer doing the same thing in my coupe. Here he was watching a movie in the rig.

21. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

I absolutely hate the honking! Didn't seem to happen as much 20 years ago. Please, for the love of god, stop honking at old cars! Give them a thumbs up instead.

Honking is a signal that something is wrong. The purpose is to alert another driver of your presence if they have failed to see you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jim snow and ct1932ford like this.
  22. I flip them the bird, more of a reflex than anything else. If they are close I'll yell "what the F**K is the matter with you?".

jim snow and Gman0046 like this.
  23. Gman0046

Gman0046

One Saturday afternoon I just knew I shouldn't be out driving my 63 Chevy BelAir 2 door post car. Sure enough, while stopped a a traffic light a woman driving a shit box Volvo tapped my rear bumper. Fortuately the Volvo had a flat plastic front end and didn't do any damage. When I asked her what the Hell was she doing she replied " my father had a car just like yours". You can't beat that for stupid. Its scary out there in a world full of ass holes.

jim snow likes this.
  24. LAROKE

LAROKE

It comes with the territory. Live with it or switch to a pacific rim scrubbin' bubble commodity car. Nobody I know beeps at them in appreciation.

The Shift Wizard and wraymen like this.
  25. Gman0046

Gman0046

Anyone beeping at my cars gets flipped off.

bobss396 and jim snow like this.
  26. Glad I'm not the only one who is nervous in the service when someone blows their horn at you. Makes me jump 99% of the time. I still give a wave.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    ct1932ford and jim snow like this.
  27. I guess I’m weird...I wave, every week we have a thread on how young people aren’t interested in our hobby, maybe because they have made the grievous mistake of honking the horn in appreciation of a cool ride and gotten flipped off. Fuck I hope I don’t get that miserable as I get older.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Texas57, Driver50x, K13 and 4 others like this.
  28. 57 Fargo, I’m with you. I don’t take my car out to get waves and honks but I’m not going to flip them off for doing it. A little horn jolt now and then might be the only thing keeping our old ass’s blood flowing.

Texas57, Driver50x and norms30a like this.
  29. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Wait a minute in 1932 on Fords the fenders were an option. Many cars were sold with the fender delete checked off the dealer order paper work so during assembly at the factory the fenders were not installed the car arrived without those expensive fenders. You Chevy guys I thought knew this. ;)
    Ronnieroadster

tb33anda3rd and ct1932ford like this.
  30. I hate the 18 wheelers that will pass you in the left lane and hit the air horn when they get even with the driver's window. The only exception to that was once on my way to Mississippi for Cruisin' The Coast. I was driving the avatar. A big rig came along side and blasted his horn when he was even with my open driver's window. I looked up at the truck just in time to see a very nice looking set of bare breasts staring out the passenger window at me. After a few seconds of observation, the truck pulled away. My wife likes to work crossword puzzles when we travel. I turned to her and asked "did you see that?". "See what?" "Never mind, it was nothing......" :rolleyes:

Driver50x and Bandit Billy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.