Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Going out to dinner she darn near went through the windshield!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

The last picture I have seen of Brenda here was her holding either a large shotgun or a small cannon. I think it was deleted. Thank God she didn't have it when she saw the bug, the wagon would have been shot to death and beyond.:)

2. Thru the windshield - really ?

ladyhrp and 3W JOHN like this.
  3. This thread has made me laugh.:):).

My lady is like them all. Unique. Rattlesnake? Catch that rascal! Spider, roach, - sledge hammer time.

Gotta love the ladies.

Ben

4. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Dolly was about 28 then. She must a made a whole lotta boys really uncomfortable in Tennessee growing up! Holy smokes. I saw her in a duet with Doc Watson, she's a real gem.

ladyhrp, dirty old man, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  5. The only reason people eat those damn things is because they don’t have a McDonald’s down on the corner!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ladyhrp, raven, dirty old man and 7 others like this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

I wonder what Brenda would think about this one! Actually landed on my hand and I shook it off, stood guard at the back of the garage most of the day. IMG_1996.JPG

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Funny.
    We’ve had quite a few bees enter through the cowl vent and land in our laps over the years.
    Yes, even I pulled over and jump out screaming like a girl

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Stogy, chryslerfan55, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  8. Budget36

Budget36

ladyhrp, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  9. williebill

williebill

Billion, hell. There's a billion in my yard alone... add about a thousand zeros.

ladyhrp, Stogy, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  10. Rick, we have been there, done that driving through the Smokey Mountains we sucked in a hornet through the cowl vent and as you already know it doesn't take more than a few seconds to get to the side of the road and bail out. HRP

ladyhrp, 61Cruiser, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  11. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Figure of speech, my cousin did get thrown forward.

Without any warning something landed on my arm, I slammed on brakes just wanting to get out of the car, my passenger was unaware what was happening until that nasty thing landed on her.

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It's more a mental thing. Growing up we're told it's bad luck to do them under as is a Lady Bug. Pure myth is all it really is. Or is it? Author and psychiatrist Scott Peck wrote a great book on human evil. Basic thyme is man kind becomes unaware of actions they've done but can not understand why they live a miserable life.

ladyhrp, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  13. I don't kill regular black crickets but the Cellar crickets,that have several different names like cave crickets, camel crickets, spider crickets depending on your local have a short life span when they enter my space, spiders are also on the hit list.

I noticed a member joked about me being a Southerner and as a son of the South we cook and eat what we kill and to a certain extent that's true, fact is I have enjoyed chocolate covered grasshoppers & crickets along with chocolate covered ant's, I ain't gonna eat a cellar cricket!

HRP

ladyhrp, dirty old man, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  14. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Danny--At least THAT little bugger wont do it again!! Reminds me of an encounter on the way to Tulsa in 1976. Buddy of mine and I are buzzing along in my 40 Chevy coupe, windows down, wing windows open wide, not a care in the world. When we run smack dab into SWARM of bees coming across the high way!! By the time I stopped the car and we bail out there were at least 10 of them in the car. I had welts on my arm from hitting them but only one sting. My buddy got off easier, no stings. Fortunately, the bees were more interested in getting away than getting at us. Had a half a dozen dead bees laying around in the car. Gotta believe it scared the snot out of both of us. Bill Rinaldi

ladyhrp, raven, dirty old man and 7 others like this.
  15. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

Roadhouse huh. Did you at least get a good steak out of it?

16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Read about a really good one a couple of years ago.Person had a hissing noise from under the dash.Took it to the dealer for a check out.They hauled a 6ft boa constrictor out from under the dash:eek::eek::eek:.Now THAT could have really gotten interesting.And yeah,I have had the bug problem in the car myself.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

ladyhrp, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  17. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Knowing Brenda it doesn't surprise me that she lit them up, she is the real deal!

18. 78DCD4E7-69FD-421F-9B6F-DB476352B6E2.jpeg

That’s to funny HRP and ladyHRP

These furry bastards creep me out,they are fast as all out and when ya squish them there legs keep twitching ( barf)

Years ago I was installing tires at a shop I was working at and look down and there is a HUGE praying mantis on my shirt !! I run out into the parking lot swatting at my shirt to get it off. The other mechanic runs out with a fire extinguisher thinking I was on fireside to all the fussing and swatting I was doing!!
    Yeah took a while to live that one down !
    Lol

ladyhrp, Stogy, nochop and 5 others like this.
  19. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Bugs, spiders, mice, don’t phase me.....snakes, I’m a goner

20. Deuces

Deuces

I had a green one crawl up my leg at a cruise once..... I just grabbed the critter by the wings and set him on a tree next to me...... :)

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel they belong just as we do on this planet they don't want to be in your face it's just circumstance that puts them face to face with you...I just put them out to continue with their journey...a second chance to live their life as was meant to be...many of these bugs stabilize the ecosystem...and balance is a beautiful thing...

Many of you here have much more dangerous bugs and you have my sympathy...that does complicate potential visits...:eek:

It's really a situational reaction what the outcome is and I'm glad I am on the two legged end and for them they may have a second chance with me staring them down...;)

22. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My wife was fixing me breakfast just this morning; she does that every once in a while, and I love her for it. I look up at the ceiling in the kitchen, and there's this absolutely HUGE, hairy, black, spider laying claim to my house. Where do they come from, and how do they get in? After pointing it out to my wife, and having her go absolutely into estrogen overload, I grabbed the Harbor Freight, electrical fly swatter, and sent him to another life in the great beyond. You have to do that every once in a while to keep the womenfolk appreciative of us neanderthals! Now, you really don't want to see me after finding a centipede in the yard, garden shed, or under furniture. God, I hate those things; totally freak me out!!! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

ladyhrp, raven, HOTRODPRIMER and 3 others like this.
  23. Don't you guys down South eat that stuff?:confused::p

24. williebill

williebill

I'm fine when they stay in their environment. When they come in my house, they forfeit the game.
    Just ask the raccoons that invaded my attic. Oh wait, you can't. They stopped breathing after I caught them.

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You hightlight the need to barricade the fortress including the Hotrod to minimize entry...block them off and they look but move on...easier said than done but seriously necessary...

Model A's or any vintage car with windshield cocked out or vents without screens and of course windows down invite the unknown and windows up when Parked even inside the garage help.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

"Many people only follow their thinking, their desire, anger and ignorance. So they get suffering in situation after situation.
    But if you wake up—right now—you get happiness.

Which one do you like?"
    upload_2019-10-5_18-11-6.jpeg

HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I truly feel with life on this earth that when eye to eye with any creature there is wonder and curiosity from both directions...both when faced with a threatening situation will react and try to defend and or escape so generally again I try to give them the assisted escape.

Calm, Quick and Cool will get you through the moment...otherwise it could be disastrous...

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and VANDENPLAS like this.
  28. GTS225

GTS225

Getting back to "bees", (as a general statement).
    Normally, I'll leave bumblebees and honeybees to their own affairs, even if they intrude on my personal space. They are rather docile and beneficial as compared to the other "bees" in a general sense.
    Wasps and hornets are an entirely different story. They are quite a bit more aggressive, and are a hazard to allow to thrive in "human spaces". Those I'll hunt down and kill en mass, by waiting until evening or darkness, and perform chemical warfare on the entire community.
    I have no idea where they fit into the food chain, and really don't care. IMO, they fit the same category as mosquitoes and tics.

Roger

29. John Starr

John Starr

I gave my wife a lecture one night about how it’s time to not ask me to kill spiders for her every time she has an encounter; “c’ mon honey, toughen up, do it yourself.”

Then she reminded me of the time I screamed like a girl when a cockroach flew up at me.

The ironic part; I grew up routinely chasing, killing and catching rattlesnakes outta my yard (and pool) when I was a kid. Years later a friggin roach made me scream.

Now I have my little boy trained to not be afraid of most insects. He loves most spiders, respects bees and stomps on black widows. Haven’t introduced him to snakes just yet...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. Brenda absolutely freaks out when it comes to roaches, she will kill them if I'm not around.

If I find a lone shoe anywhere in the house I know that was her weapon of choice to take out a unwanted invader of her domain. :D HRP