Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is this an original 32 frame ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jeff's '29 Roadster, Sep 28, 2019.

1. This whole thread is funny. No disrespect to anyone, whatsoever.

I spent yesterday, visiting a HAMB'r who paid, an amount mentioned in this thread ... last month ... for a running, and driving, very HAMB friendly, and certainly "nice", period SBC, 1932 Henry steel Cabriolet, with an original '32 frame, 4 bar, on chrome trim ringed, steelies.

To say I was amazed, is a definitive, understatement. Luck, time, need, and wants ... is life's lottery. Once again, lost ... by me.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Assuming the comparative ease with which this could theoretically form the basis of a 'quick build' and that, not unreasonably, some value is attributed to that fact, I'd suggest that the IRS is poorly fitted and likely to give rise to problems. The tie rods aren't mounted in line with the pivots of the bottom arms (resulting in bind / strain / breakage) and what are supposed to be pinion supports, well just aren't. Value reducer or bargaining point. Apologies if the focus on the debatably traditional elements adversely affects the longevity of this thread!
    Chris

Atwater Mike and joel like this.
  3. Thanks Chris.....could you please bring me up to speed on what would have to be done to correct the IRS ? Maybe a pic or two......I am an extreme novice in the area, but really like how they look all chromed out under a Roadster

4. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

I can't believe the lowballers on this thread. If it was YOURS would you sell for $3000? $4000? No freakin' way. There'd be a line out the door if you would. Any (repro or not) 32 frame with a running motor/tranny, driveshaft cut and installed, brakes plumbed and working, gas tank installed, plumbed and working, wheels/tires, shocks. All the "nickle and dime" stuff done. Come on! Not my cup of tea because I like the cookie cutter SBC, but if that had a SBC in it, the price would be close. So, do people run from an aftermarket frame? I don't get that way of thinking. Lots of big companies would be out of business if that was the case. By the way, the OP says he likes jag rears, so that's a plus.

Squablow likes this.
  5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Its worth more in parts, without a title, you can't drive it. Most guys that want a 32 Fords dont want a 2019 new construction title, especially with an original frame. If it had a good open title, it will hold value. Illegal as hell to stamp old title numbers on a new frame.

Sent from my SM-G900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Beanscoot likes this.
  6. I didn't see any indication of what state the OP is in. My first advice would be for him to familiarize himself with the titling requirements in his state. All may not be lost.

26 T Ford RPU and Beanscoot like this.
  7. Also there is a Star before and after the numbers. 3 sets of numbers 1 set right at the firewall, sometimes under the fire wall. 2nd set about a foot from the fire wall back along the frame. 3rd set is at the top of the kick up in the rear.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  8. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here ya go! :) As much as you'll ever need.

http://uk-hotrods.co.uk/v2/tech/jag_rear/tech_jag.php

Chris

9. I can obtain a clear Calif title as a 1932. I had the numbers checked yesterday at a certified DMV registration service.

phelan9251 likes this.
  10. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

There you go. Aren't you glad you didn't RUN ?

phelan9251 likes this.
  11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

That was the next thing I was going to recommend if the numbers are searched on a National Database to see if they're active. If you can achieve a title with those numbers a lot of states don't require a visual inspection before 1949 year vehicle

Sent from my SM-G900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FUZZY is correct!----All 1932 Ford frames begin with a "STAR".