Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Santa Barbara TROG

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Santa Barbara TROG

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

pwschuh, rumblegutz, HEMI32 and 14 others like this.
  2. WOW! Great shots by John and thanks for posting them up, Ryan, for us to enjoy.

loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ryan,
    Those were very nice photos of the event by John Helmuth. They are not duplicates of the photos submitted by others that were at the event. Now, the question is... Do you have any pull in getting the TROG Santa Barbara back to the West Coast in 2020? There is a thread about locations all over So Cal and elsewhere.

But the factors for attracting people and the racers have to be at least freeway close. The location attractive enough to spend a few days mingling and sightseeing. After all, the cities have to get something out of the big event, besides great publicity.

So, maybe your influence with such a big following, would sway the TROG committee to do it again. Santa Barbara was quite a feat within the confines of naturalists and the coastal commission. But, they did it, they should be applauded and given another shot to keep the event going somewhere, if not right by the ocean again.

At least, it was nearby the early starting point of drag racing about 15 minutes North to the Goleta Airport road.

Thanks,
    Jnaki

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Great shots from John,thanks for showing them.

loudbang likes this.

5. loudbang likes this.
  6. Jay71

Jay71

Cool pics and I’m still shocked that Santa Barbara let them run drags right there on Cabrillo!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks - hopefully not " a once in a lifetime event"

loudbang likes this.
  8. eddie1

eddie1

Great shots! Thanks for sharing.

loudbang likes this.
  9. It's been many years since I lived there, so didn't trust my memory. "No way that can be Cabrillo."
    Incredible the city council allowed it!!

loudbang likes this.
  10. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Thanks for sharing these @Ryan! Hope you all enjoy them!

11. Wow, Ryan and John, highest quality, lots of emotions in these shots. and Skippers Beauty, the wonderful Buick 'Pamela' and so many others. Stunning! Thanks for that.

Carsten

HelmuthBrothers likes this.
  12. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great shots of a great event. I need to get there someday. Seems like the Branch family were racing against each other.

loudbang likes this.
  13. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Great images, John (@HelmuthBrothers). It wasn't the easiest event in the world to shoot, but your photos bring me back to race day. I love how you captured not only the machines, but also the men and women who were responsible for making the race so damn cool. I dig how you used the spectators to frame the shot (below). L1001984.jpg
    @jnaki, @Jalopy Joker and others who were wondering: I talked to Mel and yes, T.R.O.G. will be returning to Santa Barbara in November 2020. Can't wait!

14. Roger Roadster

Roger Roadster

Very cool boys !!!

loudbang likes this.
  15. Lowbuckbuilder

Lowbuckbuilder
    from San Diego

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

These remind me of Andy Southard photos. Very nice.

HelmuthBrothers likes this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Event...anything that isolates modern resonates with me over and over...Weather was spot on it seems...Fantastic Rides everyone and @HelmuthBrothers pulled out the ambience to fill the mind with Wow Factor...Thanks for sharing the event and thoughts everyone...;)