Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 33 Buick 3 window interchangeable?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donuts & Peelouts, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Are some parts interchangeable with a Chevy 3 window? Like doors, trunk, body .

If sourcing a frame for one, would you just make one?

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

There's several Buick series that year. Have to know your style number from the firewall plate.

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hopefully someone has a Hollanders that covers 1933 that can check.
    Frame, up to you and partially how you want to build the car. There are 4 different wheelbases according to the link I have here https://www.classiccarcatalogue.com/BUICK 1933.html Then there are a few different coupes to boot. I think you will find very little that will exchange with Chevy but maybe some that will interchange with Olds.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

No, nothing will interchange with a Chevy.

5. squirrel

squirrel

One trick you can do to try to figure this stuff out, is to use google image search, and find pictures of the cars in question. Then, study them carefully, see if the body lines look identical, or if there are differences.

Pretty sure you'll find the Chevy is completely different, and you'll also probably find that the Buick body lines on doors, etc are unique.

My Hollander's manual only goes back to 1934, and only back to 1935 on the body parts interchange list. The GM bodies changed quite drastically in 1935, so it's no help on a 1933 car.

6. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I know as soon as I sent the post I forgot there was 2 body styles but now i see there were more. I'll report back with a picture later today, thanks

7. oldolds

oldolds

That was still the time when each make of car was different in the GM line-up. Essentially each was a separate company. Very little interchanged between makes. Then there were 2-3 different models in most of the lines. Again having little interchange with the others. Sometimes a few things will interchange between Chevy, Small Pontiac and small Olds. Sometimes large Olds and Small Buick will interchange. Then you can throw La Salle into the mix as well. If you purchase an incomplete Buick, La Salle, or Olds from 33- 42 you will have a tough time finding correct little parts to make it correct.
    That being said... we are hot rodders, we can make something fit!

8. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I've owned a '33 Buick and '33 Chevy, and they're two completely different cars.

9. killbilly

killbilly

I have a 34 chevy master 5w and a 34 Pontiac 4 dr town sedan....close but not the same..different beltlines

10. squirrel

squirrel

Those are two cars that have essentially the same body. The Buick and other large cars are based on an entirely different body.

11. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Buicks are much bigger in '33 than chevies. However the new series 40 in '34 is closer
    to chevie size and I used the garnish moldings for the windshield from a 34 chevy in a '34 Buick and the screw holes even lined up.