Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford 351 windsor distrubtor ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dave 62 pb, Sep 30, 2019.

1. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Hi can anybody ID this distributor as there are no markings on it , I was told its a Mallory
    Its mechanical advance , are these any good for stock road use ?
    I need a cap for it, or am I better off buying a complete unit DSC_1917.JPG DSC_1918.JPG

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Degrease clean service , replace points etc would run $250. Cap may be hard to find , unusual for a Mallory ( may not be a mallory) Best bet is to find a new one cheaper unless your going for that vintage look........

3. Caps for that are over the counter here at Baxters. If your not sure if it's 302 or 351 W look at the size of the Hex for pump drive shaft. That's the only difference between them. Now, if you really want to use it and be trouble free pitch the Points and install a Pertronix unit. No more headaches when done right. Nothing wrong with using that Dist.

Scumdog and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  4. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Its a 351 with the larger hex drive , with check out Baxters,

5. RmK57

RmK57

If your Edsel is just a daily driver I'd replace it with stock 351 unit with the vacuum advance.

squirrel likes this.
  6. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

I have seen New replacement distributors at reasonable money so probably they way to go as I have already bought a new cap that doesn't fit the one in the photo, I have no pattern or numbers to go on

7. Summit as well as Speedway have just the cap and rotors listed. It's a very common dist and should have an i.d. tag on it.

8. fortiesfords

fortiesfords
    from Kansas

KSFORTYFORDS

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Rebuilt Mallory Dist. Ford 351/ Wires
    City:
    Hays
    State: KS
    Price: $200

http://www.nextechclassifieds.com/listings/1574584/ Mallory Dual Point Double Life Distributor Part# YC563HP. PARTS INCLUDE: the distributor, the cap, new rotor, 2 new point sets, new condenser, and new set 7mm wires.

9. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Cannot find any ID on it , been looking for caps but the sites ive looked on are search by car year and don't state if for dual point distributor , I did look at 1974 Torino with 351 Windsor , the cap is secured with the short clips which look correct unlike the 302 cap I purchased that uses the long ones , I am in the UK so cannot just pop into parts store to compare