Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Straight or 90 dist wire ends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boden, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Boden

Boden

Can someone send me some pictures of 8ba flatheads with straight and 90 degree spark plug wire ends at the distributor. Thanks a lot. I have both straight and 90 degree ends and can’t make up my mind. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Straights would be traditional... The 90 degree ends didn't start showing up in any numbers until the mid-'50s when hood lines dropped as the cars got lower/wider.

Boden and seb fontana like this.
  3. I agree with Steve that straight distributor boots were more traditional. I think the right angle ones were not factory common until late 60's.

Phil

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Boden, lothiandon1940 and seb fontana like this.
  4. Boden

Boden

Ok. Straights it is!

5. A hint. For those with GM HEI, use straight spark plug boots at distributor end of wire set. This takes attention away from non traditional distributor.

Phil

Truck64 likes this.
  6. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

I also heard that electricity didn't like to make sharp turns before 1965. Jack E/NJ

firstinsteele likes this.
  7. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

In a way, that's actually kind of true. If you look at the earliest radio or electronic equipment from 100 years ago, they had all the wiring laid out all purty nice and neat like plumbing or a schematic diagram. They soon discovered that the shortest lead wiring worked a whole lot better, and the "bowl of spaghetti" or rats nest wiring mess was born.

8. Boden

Boden

[​IMG][​IMG]. I got both. I kinda like the angled more. But I feel the straight will look better.

9. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Not a V-8, but traditional none the less DD67211B-F7A7-4D51-9E31-7182B1F71FFB.jpeg

10. 55styleliner

55styleliner