Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Any known Knowledge on California "LOS VILLANOS" Car Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smittys speed & chop shop, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Hi,
    I was hoping to get some help from anyone with any knowledge on the "Los Villanos" Car Club, originally based out of San Ysidro, California.
    Particularly the years in which the club existed.

I found this photo of the Club Jacket + Plaque from the "Chula Vista Heritage Museum", unfortunately the link won't open as the museum is now permanently closed....

Any help would be GREAT !

Attached Files:

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I don't have any info about that club but do see that Dennis O'Brien has the original pattern for their plaques. That leads me to believe the club was around in the 50's or 60's .....

[​IMG]

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. adam401

adam401

The graphic on that plaque is awesome

5. natesdream'n

natesdream'n

My dad was a member in the late 50s or early 60s. I have his back center patch. He had a 54 chevy. I'll dig up the old patch.

Attached Files:

6. natesdream'n

natesdream'n

I would love to find a club plaque

7. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Call Dennis O'Brien

508-248-1555

8. Dennis O'Brien here.
    The picture that Bill posted above is of the original pattern used to make your father's car club plaques back in the 1950/60's by Chicago Metal Craft of Port Chicago, Calif. It's one of the 8,000 patterns I have from that company.
    I can make you as many as you'd like from 1 to hundreds. Give me a call at 508-248-1555 and we can talk details and I can take your order.
    Happy Truckin',
    Dennis O'Brien

9. Dennis.........do y have any info on the Throttle Stompers club plaque I have.......I obtained it from an Australian company who imported stuff from old speed shops in the 1970's.......the only reference I have ever found is in Pat Ganahl's book on Customs where it states that the Valley Custom guys were members of a club with that name, but no pic........do you know whether this plaque was used by the Throttle Stompers of Long Beach in LA.?.....thanks........anyone?.............Andy Douglas

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  10. natesdream'n

natesdream'n

Los villanos back patch

Attached Files:

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

That's cool:)