Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Sid Haig-Star of 1960s racing film "Pit Stop" has died

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toml24, Sep 24, 2019.

1. toml24

toml24

Sid Haig, star of the 1960's racing film "Pit Stop" died on Saturday September 21st. He was 80 years old.
    In the movie "Pit Stop", Haig played a real over the top role of a crazed nut case waco figure-8 driver at Ascot Park Gardena.
    The movie has countless real filmed minutes of figure-8 stock and pre-war "coupes" races at Ascot Park. The movie was filmed in 1967 and released in 1969. If you only see one movie about Ascot Park racing in the 1960s, it must be "Pit Stop".
    1969-Pit Stop-3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    chryslerfan55, Torkwrench and Stogy like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...:eek:...Sorry How could one not react any other way to that look Oh Man...Humor aside this is about celebrating a Life Lost...Condolences to the Haig Family and Friends on the passing of Sid...May He Rest in Peace

@toml24 thanks for sharing the news of this loss to the Community it looks like an interesting film with some cool footage and your right he got pretty crazy at some point but its interesting he got his hands dirty I wonder if he was into Hotrods...this was in it and here's the film in it's entirety below the Stills with Sid in Better times...She was a Cutie...Winnings Good

Pitstop1.JPG

PS1.JPG

PS2.JPG

PSHenryJ.JPG

PSwreckingyrd.JPG

PSFlamed.JPG

PSbarris1.JPG

PSbarris2.JPG

PS4.JPG

PS5.JPG

PSsafty.JPG

:rolleyes:...Safety Interlude...;)

PS6.JPG

PScast.JPG

:rolleyes:...there was a Titus in the film...any connection to the Hamb"s Titus?

RIP Sid

Regards
    Stogy

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  3. desertdroog

desertdroog

Fun movie. I don't remember if it is in the extras or if it was another movie he was being interviewed about, however he said he didn't know how to drive when they started to film Pit Stop. They had to teach him during the filming.

Loved his work as Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie's trilogy horror movie. Glad he was able to be a large part of some zany and cool movies.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and iwanaflattie like this.
  4. Man,,,did you see that trophy Girl.
    Fantastic!!!

Tommy

LM14, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. RIP Captiain Spaulding.

Stogy likes this.
  6. wvenfield

wvenfield

"Pit Stop" and "Spider Baby". Loved them both.

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That Figure 8 Racing is fricken Crazy...probably Football was a safer alternative to that T-Bone Fest...

The Pit Stop Film and Car quality was quite good and throwing some Vintage Custom Great into the story playing himself was a great addition (I'm sure there was other Hotrod Provenance in the film but I Know Barris)..and as @toml24 said he played the crazy guy pretty convincingly...I do believe I saw him in other movies as well...playing the bad guy...

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Not sure but I think he was in "Hot Rock"..Have to look it up..