Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Put a value on it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Sep 28, 2019.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Screenshot_20190928-193229.png Screenshot_20190928-193229.png Screenshot_20190928-193223.png Screenshot_20190928-193211.png Screenshot_20190928-193217.png Ran across this and was curious what something like this should be worth. What I do know is that it has a 305 and is a running, driving car. I have not seen it in person. A buddy sent me these pictures. I've never considered buying one before but they're getting harder to come by so I'm hoping if the price is right I might try to make a deal. I know it's worth whatever I'm willing to pay but I'd like a little feedback so as not too over pay or be stuck with it if I change my mind.

2. alchemy

alchemy

A hodgepodge of leftovers. $200.

1927graham likes this.
  3. clem

clem

Over here that would be worth a lot more, just in parts.
    I was thinking around $5k ( US $3000 ) approx. ( if it’s all Ford )
    So there you have it somewhere between $200 and $3000.
    Hope that helps.........

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019

4. scotts52

scotts52

Is it a Ford roadster or is it a mix up of makes? Is it a coupester?

5. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

$4000 firm. Priced to sell.

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

House included

7. belair

belair

More than the trailer and the truck put together.

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

4k, no way. What the hell is it?

9. It's worth what ever someone is willing to pay, looks like it's going take a lot of work. HRP

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking at this I'd say that the doors an rear section plus the frame are 33 Chevy while the cowl is 33 Ford.
    Mix and match of parts for sure but it does have some potential to be a decent low buck hot rod.
    it isn't worth all that much as it sits but If it doesn't have a clear current title that can be transferred easily I'd want a bill of sale that showed a detailed list of individually listed parts rather than a bill sale for a car.
    Link to a rather rusty 33 Chev roadster that you can compare body lines of the back half of the car with. https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...et-deluxe-for-sale-in-trafalgar-indiana-46181

49ratfink and scotts52 like this.
  11. Add up the price of the parts including what you would spend on gas money or shipping to get all that stuff bit by bit. I see a decent '34 grille , a new looking flathead radiator , decent headlights & tail lights, chopped windscreen, 16 inch wirewheels, gauge cluster, Is that a current registration plate ? Don,t forget the big V8 badge :rolleyes:. Then figure out how the body and chassis are.

clem likes this.
  12. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

The off quoted "worth whatever someone's willing to pay" is worthless. Too many idiots out there with money. More than $200 in parts. A lot of work to finish as is. That's what I would be looking at.

patmanta likes this.
  13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Worth absolutely to me. Wouldn't touch it with a 10' Pole. I don't have time to part out rat rods.

14. jazz1

jazz1

I think it runs and drives. I'd go $800

15. I quoted that because I was trying to be polite, for me I will quote what Gary said, "I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole", to me it's worth very little, but where I don't see value in a unusual car and I feel pretty sure it's not a Ford, someone wanting something "Different" this car might speak to them and it may be worth a lot, so again, "It's worth what someone is willing to pay". HRP

ct1932ford likes this.
  16. Just in parts alone it has to be worth a grand if not more. Wheels $200, grill $300, windshield $100, headlights $200,
    taillights $50. radiator $100, front end /wishbones $300 . Rear bumper minus $50:rolleyes: total $1200
    Plus rear, motor, trans, frame, body, gas tank etc.. You know what they say! "There's an ass for every seat"

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

C'mon guys, lets give Scotts52 a useable answer.

I tend to agree with Casey, I think 4K to 6K for a running, driving odd ball roadster is a good price. The more I look at it, the odd little car has pretty good proportions and does have potential...and it runs & drives!

And think about it, if the doors and rear of the body matched the cowl (33-34 Ford), it could easily go for 20K+. 4-6K sounds like a 10K+ discount only because of the non-Ford rear body section. (see What's It Worth To You? thread)https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/whats-it-worth-to-you.1166738/page-2#post-13263402

I'd pay that for it all day long, but I can almost guarantee the asking price is 10-15K

The grill alone is worth a grand...but I don't understand those extra cross bars!o_O

Good luck on a possible purchase.

Squablow, clem and ClarkH like this.
  18. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Some times people crack me up. The ones that saying it's worthless and only worth 200 are the same ones that if they owned it would want 500 for the grille, 200 for each door etc.

Given the parts and running easily 1000 to 1200. If titled higher. Depending on how well it runs and stops maybe 2k.

clem and Hnstray like this.
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

has registration sticker on license plate (current?) - so, likely has good title - wonder how long that it has been For Sale - would want to see frame before bidding - seller stated a price ? - not a throw away if you want to do some back roads driving

20. Budget36

Budget36

I'm thinking if you can title it w/o hassle and (as it appears) has rust-free parts, price out a similar A, etc. and compare. I/e so what if you over pay for it, or pay full parts individual prices. In one shot you saved hunting all the stuff down and assembling your pile of parts.

You'd be starting waaaaaay ahead of many folks here.

ClarkH and VANDENPLAS like this.
  21. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That grille is a 35 with a 34 lower section welded to it. So like the rest of the car, its not worth much. The value in the car totally depends upon how nicely...or poorly...the chassis has been fabricated. If it is a safe and well engineered chassis you could potentially have a useable albeit different ride. If the chassis is junk, youd have a big pile of mostly nothing.

22. Up here I would say 3-5 grand
    Closer to 3.

Worthless or under a grand is baloney!
    It’s got a bunch of good parts
    Even the 305 is a 500 dollar engine if it runs.

The big one is if it has a title that’s valid.
    Without that it’s a pile of parts.

If it does not have to be a nut and bolt seriously detailed rod , and just a bucket to have fun with at the price I stated that a lot of fun for not a lot of bananas!

patmanta and ClarkH like this.
  23. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

I ve seen guy's on here pounding their chest s with happiness with rougher cars,is this his first car,does he want a car that he can work with and lastly none of this matters if the current owner is NOT realistic about what it could bring.We need more info to give a opinion and even then the only opinion that matters is the interested party.I'm not going to rip up some ones dream ,I could share a few nightmares.What if it's a local to the owner's area (famous) old neglected hot rod(could be) but again plenty of stories out there that are not worth paying up for.My 2 cents.

hotrodjack33 and ClarkH like this.
  24. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put me in the $3-5K camp, and maybe stretch a little more if you love it. That's with a title and contingent on chassis and mechanicals. And all of this is assuming you see its potential and want to finish it off yourself. If you're thinking of a flip, all bets are off.

It will never be a show car (although it would get my attention), but could be a fun, knock-around rod. I've seen guys pay more for later ho-hum 4-doors, saying they can't find anything from the '30s they can afford.

hotrodjack33, chopped and VANDENPLAS like this.
  25. catdad49

catdad49

Let the seller dictate the price, then if you're still interested go from there. If you have little or no knowledge of the value, bring along someone who does. How does it drive? Is the paperwork in order? Are you still interested? Talk, negotiate, let us know. Good Luck.

clem, hotrodjack33 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  26. to bad its not for sale in Iowa at an auction. those same two guys could push this one to 50-60k. after all, it does run and is by definition a real hotrod.

27. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

We are all different, just like our cars, I have enough junk and don't need anymore.

Some of you guys think it's a gem and others think it's just a pile of parts.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  28. X-cpe

X-cpe

Do a little research and figure out what a car like that, in the condition you would it to be, is worth. (admittedly difficult on a frankenstein) Then figure out what it would cost you to take that car there, plus 50% or so. Subtract perceived cost from future perceived worth and that is what that car is worth to you.

29. ..to a lot of guys, this is like askin do you like red?...or blue?

hotrodjack33 and clem like this.