Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wise Guys Seat for Dearborn Deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john worden, Sep 28, 2019.

1. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Does anyone have experience with seats made by Wise Guys specifically for the Dearborn Deuce body?
    Was leather upholstery used? Would you recommend them?
    Thanks, John

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When I built my Dearborn Deuce many years ago I used the Wise Guys upholstered seat with black leather. At that time they did not offer the seat with a movable back which made using the area behind the seat inconvenient. It fit good and was comfortable. The upholstery job was good. I assume they now offer a folding back?

3. Why???^^^^

john worden likes this.
  4. My DD has a Glide seat. Back tilts forward to allow access to space behind it. Also, lower cushion tilts forward for some storage.
    It is bolted to floor, so it is not adjustable, except for the tilt of the back cushion.

Phil

j3harleys and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. A Boner

A Boner

Someone makes a seat just for Dearborn Deuce......as the cockpit is small to make room for the top when down. Can't remember the company (sorry), but try to get it, as other 32 seats are quite cramped in the Dearborn.

6. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Read post #1

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I have worked on two of these for customers. And I have found that the foam sucks. Very uncomfortable.

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

please use a Glide seat. wiseguys sucks ass for many reasons

9. I have 50k miles on that seat. I don't find it uncomfortable.

Phil

j3harleys likes this.
  10. j3harleys

j3harleys

I had a Glide seat in mine. I originally had sliders but it made it to high, Keep hitting my head on the roof. I have used Glide seats for years with out problems.

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

May be it was a bad batch of foam. This was done 7 years ago. And 9 years ago. A 55 Ford pickup and a 32 3-window. The 55 was first, your back would start to ache after sitting in it for 5 minutes. Just wasn`t designed right. The 32 was the same, I gave him the option of foam out of a pickup and that of glide. He chose the pick up foam before any modifications to fit the contour of the seat frame.

12. A Boner

A Boner

Guess it's Wise Guys for the win, as most others won't be configured for the DD smallish cockpit.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019