Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 4 door to 2 door.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trc, Sep 28, 2019.

1. trc

trc

hey guys my name is thomas comerford from toronto, canada. i own a 1953 chevy 210 4 door which is in very good condition. I have owned the vehicle for just under ten years and redid the driveline last year. Like ay hot rodder i would love to own a 1953 chevy 210 as well. at the the moment i lack the space to buy a 2 door and store it up here. When i first bought the car i was paying just over 400 bucks a month to store the vehicle and again that was almost 10 years ago. even if it was only 500 bucks year to store my other car would cost between 18,000 to 24,000 to keep my mobile car in storage. plus the cost of a 2 door which aren't cheap in decent condition. This is why i have been toying with the idea of possibly converting it from a 4 door to a 2 door. I know that it won't be cheap but as i stated storage isn't cheap. plus the driveline is done on it. the interior is in great shape same with the chrome and stainless. i know nobody can precisely say how much something like this would run thats the nature of the beast but i would just like to get a rough idea just to see what it might cost me and how long. thanks

2. Try to find a place you don't have to pay for storage.

nochop and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. Not much of the interior or side trim will work on a two door, so factor that in.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. I got lucky and found the same model/year in a two door carcass so conversion wasn’t very expensive.
    91CBFA78-C17D-4605-A075-0BADF7E9E76B.jpeg 1C27D4D7-54E1-4404-99D9-62CCE209F13A.jpeg 4A205DC3-B3EC-4BB5-98A0-24F54E554BE4.jpeg

5. Do you plan on doing the conversion yourself or pay someone?

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

certainly not near the same but, just shave off the rear door handles and put on a real nice paint job with classic rims and call it done - the can of worms, and expense, that you will end up with not worth it to me - different if it was a carcass looking for love

7. If you can locate a donor car for the B pillar,and doors it should be straight forward like the 55-57 Chevy.Theres a video on utube where a guy did a 52ish 2 door conversion.Lots of video"s on 55-57"s.

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Why bother wasting your time and money? Two doors are a dime a dozen.

9. ...I'll take a DOZEN!

10. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

It’s a risk, a really big risk.

Sell the 4 door buy a 2 door. I’m kind of funny. I like them all so much, when I sell one I move on....,like to a different make and model.

Sell the 4 door Chevy and get a 2 door or even 4 door Rocket.

Or.....
    Be happy with being blessed with the car you own right now. These days....It does not matter. Enjoy!

greaseSlinger57 likes this.
  11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like the 4 doors about the same if not better in these, I like fender skirts on em too for a more finished look, Im a GM guy but think they kind of came up short in the styling of the rear wheel openings on these, kind of like they were designed only for skirts, instead of being an option.
    I do like em all tho;)

....Got any pics?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  12. trc

trc

thanks for the input guys. i appreciate it just thought i thought to throw it out just to kinda of gauge if it was worth trying to convert it. no i would not be doing the work my self that would have be done by someone else. I'll start kicking the tires about trying to find somewhere up here for cheap that is safe and secure.

13. trc

trc

if i could find a two door that hadn't been messed with a ton and has a minimal amount of rust. I'm okay with a bit just don't wanna have to replace every single panel. I don't care what the driveline is as long as the body hasn't been chopped, sectioned etc.