Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Jefferson 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1pickup, Sep 24, 2019.

1. 1pickup

1pickup

I didn't see a thread dedicated to the upcoming swap/show, so I started one. If I can get out of bed early enough, I might make it there Saturday morning, possibly Sunday morning.
    But, I will definitely be there on Friday evening 8pm-12am, with my band, playing at Fairview Sports Bar & Grill. It's right next to the fairgrounds at 711 W Racine St, which is also Hwy 18. I'd love to see some of you guys there. They have a fish fry, & cold beer. Oh, and there will be some music played by southern Wisconsin's most adequate honky-tonk band. Here's a sneak preview:

2. I will be there Friday. I can't go without getting a big bar.

3. fall Jefferson was always my favorite. asking prices get more realistic as winter storage starts looming. last time I was there, late 80's, I left Friday morning with a big block Vega, V8 Corvair, and 29 tudor sedan, and one very light pocket. still had enough in the other pocket for a couple of big bars and some brats smothered in kraut.

4. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I’ll be there Saturday looking for some stuff I can’t live without and maybe a vintage snowblower

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Almost Big Bar time :)

6. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Better get a slicker for the Big Bars. What would be Jefferson if it wasn't for rain....

427 sleeper likes this.
  7. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I will be there Friday and Sat. Wx105 to 109 are my spaces, Still trying to decide what I have that someone wants more than me! Been doing this every spring and fall since 1992. I am running out of good stuff. I average 2 Big Bars a day, anything less would not be worth the trip! lol Larry

Tickety Boo and racer-x like this.
  8. gene-koning

gene-koning

I'm planning on coming Sat, my son may or may not be joining me. I'm looking for a few small items, and maybe something I just can't live without that I don't know about yet. And of course, a Big Bar or two.

Hoping for decent weather, its just not as much fun as it used to be if the weather is crappy. I must be getting old! Gene

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  9. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

I ran out of snowblowers so I am not vending. I'll be there Saturday and can bring 59 Chevy goodies if someone has a request.

Torkwrench likes this.
  10. What ever we get for weather it can't be worse than the spring event.

11. Maybe Sunday for me.....

12. 1pickup

1pickup

Getting' ready to honky-tonk. Hope to see you guys tonight. Look for the gray bearded guy who's making noise into a mic.

13. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Spent everything I made lol. Weather was not that bad for Jefferson . Saturday sounds nice, mostly sunny after 7am . Hope to see ya there and if anyone needs a back glass and trim for a 51 Merc WX 105 to 109 { shameless plug} stop and say hi. And Dave don't sing to hard , your getting almost as gray as me! Although I do have a good number of years on ya! lol Larry

14. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Jay......Do you know of any 59 - 61 348 blocks? I have a basically complete 59 348 for my Cameo pickup. Unfortunately, there's a 8" long crack in the side of the block. Also looking for an early / mid 1950's Chevy 15 x 6 truck wheel. The type that used clips for the hub caps. These were a heavy duty option for 1950's Chevy and GMC 1/2 ton pickups.

Hazelhurst Wheel..jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  15. 20190927_193622.jpg I was there from 9:30-1:30. Twice there was a little 5 minute sprinkle. I found what I was looking for. The chevelle msd shit the bed last week. The box is bad. Found a brand new one in the box for 70.00 then found a brand new coil for 10.00 not bad. Got msd rpm chips 6 for 2 dollars. I got a few hand tool I needed. The long 9/16 and matching crows foot are perfect for the inner head nuts on a 426 hemi. The fuel gauge will screw into my regulator. I got a 3 pack of rolls of towels and a big bar. I don't think it was too bad for 3.5 hrs of fun. I always find a deal the msd stuff over was 2/3 rds off.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

How long is the drive from Poynette?
    Gonna have to see what those Big Bars are all about next time I venture that way.
    By the way, my inlaws live across the road from a place you are familiar with, Hookers resort.

17. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Man, it was raining tonight like a cow pissing on a flat rock!

18. ...heard the Big Bar people sold the business to someone else;..everything seem the same?
    ...how bout some swap junk pics?