Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mighty Wiper in a '33-'34 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RICH B, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Wondering if anybody has used one of Raingear's Mighty Wiper in a '34-'34 Ford; trying to figure out whether the 1" shaft will fit or if the 1-1/2" shaft is needed. Also if the motor fit behind the header panel.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. I used a Mighty Wiper in my 33 Ford, and it fit behind the header panel just fine, and I think I used the 1- 1/2" shaft.

RICH B likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

I've never put one in a 33/4, but I put one in a 32. I used the longer shaft with the 40 Ford style nut, and it fit behind the header cover with just a little whittling of the wood and a couple dings on the inner header panel with a hammer. When you order make sure to ask for an extra long wire loom if possible.

4. Thanks for the info; the combined thickness of the inner and outer roof panels is 3/4"; but it is hard guessing how the body of the wiper will fit in the inner panels recess and I want to avoid cutting the header panel like I have had to do on my previous '33's with early Bosch wiper motors. Looks 1-1/2", it is and I guess I need to learn about the harnesses and retainer nuts.

5. Had one in my '34 coupe. Fit well, worked O.K.