Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage First timer, going to the James Dean Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ Top Chop, Sep 25, 2019.

1. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

This weekend will be my first time. Not taking the Merc, as I have a oil leak to address, bummer. What to know, expect, things I must do? Thanks

2. Slopok

Slopok

Make sure to include the Duck Tail as well since you are so close, most people hit both shows that weekend.

i.rant likes this.
  3. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

As a fellow Merc owner, in your opinion, which one is better? Do both have swap meets? I have limited time, thank you

4. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

Ducktail has a way much better swap meet, both shows are a good time, more mercs go to James Dean run

Slopok and scrap metal 48 like this.

5. Slopok

Slopok

They are close enough to do both, but as stated above the swap at Duck Tail is way better and a lot of the Mercs from James Dean will cruise thru the Duck Tail. If you truly can only attend one then I would chose the Duck Tail.

ZZ Top Chop likes this.
  6. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

I do both, ducktail on fryday, dean on saturday (me and my twins birthday), be my 32nd year of going. With good weather its a good time, always something to do or see and lots of other hamb members in attendance to meet and talk too. Hope you all attend and have a good time! See you fryday

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    ZZ Top Chop likes this.
  7. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Thank you guys for your input, appreciate it.

8. Slopok

Slopok

Post some pictures when you get back.

9. Slopok

Slopok

Well...how was it??? Looks as if there was no rain.

10. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

It was good, I'll try and post some pics tomorrow. I think it's too far from Evansville for a one day outing. If I did it over, I would have just went to the JD run and not both. I made the mistake of going thru Gas City to get to the park. Traffic was backed up through town as you have to turn left (no arrow) so only one car could turn per light cycle. Ridiculous! Hey, IDK, maybe have police direct traffic :mad:. Ducktail swap meet was good, didn't find anything I needed though.:confused:

11. Slopok

Slopok

Yeah traffic can be brutal down there, Thanks for the reply.

12. John B

John B

Late to reply but the trick is to find the back streets. I was fortunate enough to be up there with someone who has kinfolk that live close by. So they knew all the back streets and side roads. The two shows while aimed at the same people are different from each other. I hadn't been in awhile and the crowds have grown quite a bit since the last time I was there. Won't keep me from going back though.

ZZ Top Chop and OG lil E like this.