Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '55 Chevy 210 2-door Wagon Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M1Lover, Sep 24, 2019.

1. M1Lover

M1Lover

I'm putting new floors into this wagon and currently working on the cargo deck aft. Has anyone removed the spare tire carrier from their wagon? I'm about 30 seconds from getting my plasma cutter out and removing this thing. It's huge, it makes getting the gas tank in and out a bastard of a job and it looks stupid. It's also in the way of my doing a really good job on the cargo deck... I'm thinking about a custom battery / tool box back there or a bigger fuel tank.
    Anybody done this (of course you have) before? Anything else to consider? The spare tire can always ride around in the back..... Thanks, Hunter IMG_1747.JPG IMG_1830.JPG

2. Even taking the spare tire carrier out, you still should have enough room for your AAA card.
    Your idea for extra storage sounds good.

M1Lover likes this.
  3. I suppose if you removed the spare tire carrier you could use a regular tri five gas tank?

M1Lover likes this.
  4. M1Lover

M1Lover

Yes, I've got two of them and they're both in good shape. It will be a LOT easier installation without the spare carrier. Guys who run EFI and an in-tank fuel pump HAVE to cut out the spare carrier. I was just wondering what other guys have done with the space... Thanks for the reply.

5. You might check over on the Tri-five website.

M1Lover likes this.
  6. M1Lover

M1Lover

Thanks. Which Tri Five forum do you consider the best?

7. 55driver

55driver

8. I used to be a regular on that trifive forum. It changed hands and somehow isn't as good as it used to be. they don't even have free classifieds any more. My opinion the HAMB is the best car site on the internet by far.

M1Lover and low budget like this.