Register now to get rid of these ads!

History '46 & '47 Ford trucks, They never will be the queen of the Prom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 19, 2019.

1. verde742

verde742

Wayne Miller's son is on here, (red primer 3 window hiboy )
    maybe he has pictures,
    I saw it in person IT was light yellow, sit low in front ,
    and its burned into my gourd.

Wayne is still build' em, I hope, and he was A PERFECTIONISTS......

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Bob, we lost Wayne in May. Wayne was a true perfectionist, I worked with him on the last few cars he put together, and he always showed up prepared. He was also one of the finest people I ever met.

kidcampbell71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Chrome/stainless grilles and bumpers make all the difference in the world to me on the jailbar pickups. Shiny always looks at least a little better on most cars and trucks, but on these pickups it improves the look ten-fold in my eyes.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. verde742

verde742

O, Gosh, I never heard, I agree, HE WAS ONE OF THE NICEST, FINEST, AND ON AND ON. .......
    Yes, I really liked Wayne for the last 60 years. Give my best regards to his family..

I am losing all my friends and acquaintances, unfortunately, Most of my pals were all about 10 years or older than me.
    (and darn near all my favorite country music people also )

Dog gone it, that really saddens me..

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. When I lived in San Francisco, a schoolmate had a ex-stevedore faded green jail bar pickup missing about half of the jail bars. Under the hood he had a S.C.O.T. blower set up. I lived on the corner of Castle Alley, a narrow one way street. Duane, my schoolmate was driving down Castle alley the correct way, and a Yellow Cab, six cylinder standard shift, tried to take a short cut by going against the one way street. They met about half way, bumper to bumper. You could smell the taxi's clutch as the pick up proceeded to push the taxi all the way out to Green Street. the taxi driver was pissed. Too bad.

6. 47ragtop

47ragtop

We had a saying on the Navy ship I was stationed on " there is no such thing as an Ugly woman , but some are just barely pretty ." I think this sums up jail bar trucks perfectly. Later Bill

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe we should call these trucks "butter bars", everything is great but her bars. :cool:

47ragtop and HOTRODPRIMER like this.