Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Time Flies when your having fun, come on and get some!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Sep 23, 2019.

1. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I had the pleasure of speaking to Mark Moriarity today. He reminded me that I hadn't posted anything on the hamb for a super long time. Being that he is a big hero of mine, and I'd pretty much jump in front of a truck for Ryan, I figured he had a point.

(side note: One of the greatest Milwaukee Bands ever was called Front of Truck)

Anyway, Mark asked why I hadn't posted in a while and I didn't really have an answer..... I mean, I look at the classifieds every day, and the Hamb is the greatest resource ever for answering hot rod questions........ I look up random facts all the time to solve problems in my life. BUT I don't know why I haven't posted much the last few years.... It could be that I am lazy and am just wrapped up in "instant" social media, or maybe the wheel of life has me spinning so fast, I cant find the brakes. Its scary sometimes, you know, how time flies.

Here are some pictures of a couple Hot Rods we just finished. the silver roadster was inspired by the big cars of the 1930's and a picture of a 1936 Packard I found. It has a 312 and 1936 olds hood sides. the Jag style wires were a risky choice, but I love them!

the Blue truck is based on one of our frames and has a tone of handmade parts including the headers and entire box! It has some crazy rare parts as well. the Horne intake is so cool!

I'm super proud of these cars and the crop of cars we are working on. its an honor to have customers that give us some creative freedom!

206B8DF7-4643-404C-AF18-3560437FE6B1.jpeg 699E5D91-05DE-42AF-A2F2-CA6E5C5B6757.jpeg CDA7E56C-DC25-41E7-A7AC-F5DDCA3ADD84.jpeg 550318CF-3970-4EE5-8CA1-3F0871BD1CEB.jpeg 72A5F2D2-EB9F-4682-9E1C-B97BCB51342E.jpeg BD66C6B9-C286-42EF-930B-06706B35DE5E.jpeg 7357182C-5060-41D8-BA9F-2BF6AFBC3C09.jpeg 0FB8644B-53B5-4F24-A24B-4722C07F1A3A.jpeg 875E6489-02F2-4F98-ADD0-4176DCFBFA30.jpeg 7D965F8F-0DCC-45DD-8884-EB8331F1BD48.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Life doesn't seem to slow down. Over the past couple of years I have re-prioritized my life. Some was done the hard way but still for the best. I can see the improvement daily.

Good to see your still doing what you love!

Stogy likes this.
  3. "Mike D that's me... C'mon and get some!"

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see that you are alive and well. I was afraid that you got washed downriver in one of those floods last spring.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Absolutely love those two and can’t wait to see what comes next. Always enjoy what ever it is your doing from hotrods to silly you tube videos and great music. Glad to see you posting.

6. 54BOMB

54BOMB

That dark blue truck is so rad

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@bobbleed, Well for not posting in a while you sure delivered...You and your team certainly deliver a powerful punch...as said those are stunning examples that I'm sure get driven...keep them coming

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bob, it was great talking to you yesterday. If everyone else had half of your passion for hot rods this sport would be a thousand times better than it is.... thanks for posting, I made the pics big for ya, just click all full image next time. Welcome back man, you guys do kickass work........

10. Thanks for getting back to posting. Outstanding "re-entry"! ...And thanks , Mark, for prodding him back. We are the beneficiaries of your effort for sure.:).......Don.

Texas Webb, rod1, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  11. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet stuff Bob,as always.Glad to see you back.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The roadster is so well executed... but that little pickup is my kind of deal man. So good.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

seeing your stuff on TV was so cool @bobbleed and seeing your stuff on Instagram is cool as well but your posts on the HAMB are the place I like to see them. Love both of those vehicles !!!!!!

14. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Thanks guys! another thing I’ve been doing is holding workshop classes at my shop. This past weekend we did a hot rod chassis class where we talked about the ins and outs of early ford parts. then started with a bare model a frame, jigged it, z’d it, made it a roller, mounted the engine and put the body on. All in one day! It was fun. Ive done two chop classes as well.

It’s pretty cool, I tell a bunch of stories and share some knowledge, and then everyone gets involved as we build something special!
    This time we got this model a model A mocked up.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. catdad49

catdad49

You definitely know how to make a (re)Entrance! Oh definitely have the Eye and the skills, Thanks for sharing. Stop in a little more often, I Know we'll Like It! Have you gotten Dad out of that 'vert yet?

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the thing about that roadster that is intriguing to me is that it looks totally "classic car" on the outside, but seeing the chromed drilled dropped front axle and chrome split wishbones peeking out from underneath make it scream "I am a wolf in sheep's clothing!!"

AHotRod, RustyBullet, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  17. Glad to here your alive and well, good to have you stop by again.

Both your recent cars are the cat's PJ's. HRP

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. belair

belair

At least you've been busy. Great work, glad you shared.

Stogy likes this.
  19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I especially dig that little pickup!

20. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'm borderline obsessed with that pickup. I love the stance, proportions, and design choices. I've got it bookmarked on my IG.

I keep seeing your posts about the workshops on IG too and hoping you keep doing those long enough for me to get some time to get out there for one.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Good to see you stop and visit.
    There was so much information to cover in a day and actually getting the work all done in that one day period. I forgot to ask a few questions I had along the way. Oh well! Thanks for answering my questions about the project I have in the shop. Was an awesome day, had a blast.

22. chopndrop

chopndrop

How do we find out about upcoming workshops?

Stogy likes this.
  23. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the wires and WW's on the Roadster, almost needs SS exhaust tubes out of the engine bay into the fender...almost. Truck is nasty (in a good way) with the wide 5's. But that class looks way to sober :cool:

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Bob,
    Love the 32! Saw it at VTF this spring, didn't realize it was your build.
    Were you there?

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Like the Jag wires as whale..( my mom's favorite mammal ).. - as whale as the wide five's on the truck - really wonder why the wide five's aren't used as much as the steelie's ? Keep plugging along - really nice builds there !

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome back, two great builds there, never would have known you built them, not everyone is in !Phone land. Thanks for coming back. Bob

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope you come back to Texas someday, Bob. There is always be room for a top-notch builder. Saw the roadster at your booth at the past Roundup. Very slick.

28. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Bob. Awesome cars and it's great to see you posting again. Tell the Mrs and your son Doc says hi.

Moriarity likes this.
  29. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great stuff Bob, glad to see you back!
    Just think, if everyone just read and never posted, there would be no HAMB/message board. I suspect for every HAMBer that regularly posts, there's dozens of lurkers that read the board, but never contribute.

Dig the pickup! That Roadster interior mix of classic Hot Rod, art deco and mid century insert fabric totally "works".
    Love the idea of the chassis work shop.