Register now to get rid of these ads!

reinstate

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by C. John Stutzer, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Steffen Jobst asked if I would post a request for him to be reinstated.

I don't hang here any more. But anyway, I've done as requested.

Have a good day everyone.

Stogy likes this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2019-9-23_20-12-34.png
    upload_2019-9-23_20-14-55.png
    2yrs now, was he banned?

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I moved it. this would be a question for @Ryan ... but if I remember correctly he had trouble following the rules and was a habitual offender (political and foreign cars)

Peter Nowak likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have sent @Ryan a request via PM for consideration of reinstatement for Steffen...

C. John Stutzer and Max Gearhead like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You don't "hang" here anymore, but have a request... Yeah, that's not really all that convincing man. Sorry.

7. rudestude

rudestude

Ya that doesn't make much sense, did hang here? Not a good way to start , kind of hard to find sincerity in that.
    I will try a different approach, I first found the H.A.M.B while laying in the recovery room after having one of my kidneys removed due to cancer, I know everyone has problems, it helped me through the bad times and my recovery times when I couldn't work on my Hot Rods, reading about what was going on with other projects and events made me feel still connected to the hobby.
    Well a few years have passed and after a few more surgery's I'm currently cancer free and still on the H.A.M.B.
    and back to work on my Hot Rods and one Kustom
    I have communicated with several guys on here all over the world.
    So with that being said, I would like to reach out and help someone that is truly sorry for the past and would like to return to the H.A.M.B.
    I have been in contact with Steffen through PM before the band and emails after and have got to know him fairly well.
    He would greatly like to be let back on the H.A.M.B , he is very sorry if he offended anyone and is planning on bringing his car to the United States for touring and wants to make contacts with other members of the H.A.M.B to help him with touring locations and parts sources .
    I admit in some of our conversations I have had questions on some of his wording but being able to read through his translation and the misunderstandings of text messaging, feeling what's being said, I get what he is saying and he is very sorry for what happened and senser about doing what he needs to do to come back.
    I believe he is a good guy and means well just some things get messed up in translation.
    Here some shots of his car taking part in some events in Germany.
    Thank You
    Terry (aka Rudestude) 36569253_10216751944381517_3761696442767376384_o.jpeg 40758231_10217255641173622_7494293756254879744_o.jpeg 40471651_10217238050933877_8117751071503286272_n.jpeg 40457546_10217237401997654_695132841880584192_n.jpeg 41413756_10156543130748771_462555999115411456_o.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

town sedan, Stogy and wraymen like this.
  8. I miss him too but not sure if that will help his cause or hurt it. I still get mail from him but can’t return the favor
    (can’t make out the return address and can’t seem to find my PM with him).
    Long live Professor Fate, great guy.

Stogy likes this.
  9. Oh, I think if ya'll wanted to, you could find my posts from days gone by.
    None of you are anyone I've met in all my years in the actual car scene, so
    I do not know what to make of some of these replies.

In years past, I've had fleeting conversations from guys I grew up with, and/or raced with, but I do believe most of them are gone from this earth now.

Adios.

10. I'm using this one:

steffen jobst <[email protected]

Stogy and wraymen like this.
  11. Thank you.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still find much to like and enjoy here and we all come and go for many reasons...I thank so many of you for your participation here over the years and always enjoy what has been shared even if the OP has moved on.

wraymen and C. John Stutzer like this.
  13. In the last 16 years since I have been a member I know of quiet a few individualizes that were banned and in conversations with some I came to the conclusion some were given warnings but they continued to buck the system.

I went to bat for a guy that screwed up but didn't realize his error until he was banned, he did a mass email to promote his car clubs show, after he reached out to me and I had already met him at one of the hot rod breakfast in his area I contacted Ryan.

Ryan told me if I thought he wouldn't screw up again and I thought he would fly right he would lift the ban, this was several years ago and he followed the rules to the letter. HRP

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would suspect that if this consideration is granted there would be some discussion about what has transpired and what would and should be done differently and it isn't rocket science.

I still have to have a little bit of compassion for our International Membership in that while they Celebrate, Participate and revere the North American Hotrod/Custom/Race History in their Countries, things are otherwise dramatically different with so many other things so it's no surprise to see the odd Holden and Citroen's getting lumped into things...I have seen a lot of European influence here and there depending on the thread...

I have even seen Hitler GIF Flown in a Lowrider to make a point in a heated thread (hate that shit)...that was disturbing and that individual is still a member so it's a complicated slope that has to be looked at bearing the details at hand...

We all must respect the rules however and when a Moderator gets involved you have to pay attention to what has brought them to visiting you and Heed with an ethical response...I feel like you HRP that each situation is individual and some do deserve to be given consideration...and then your on your own as every adult has to understand...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    town sedan and rudestude like this.
  15. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I have seen some on here get banned over the years and have never once thought they didn't earn it. Ryan and the mods here are more than fair. If this was me and I wanted to be let back in I would man up and contact Ryan directly, admit/own my mistakes and lay out a plan as to how I would maintain the focus of this forum. Having someone do the talking for you doesn't seem like the best idea especially when they don't seem to have much invested in being here.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How can you contact Ryan when you can't access the site under your Screen Name that is locked...o_O...make a new account and say hello?...That's a little awkward in a sense isn't it?

I believe he is sincere and deserves to be heard out and reconsidered...that is why I spoke up and forwarded his concerns with my support to Ryan...

Just to be clear I do Hang out here and contribute content regularly and do my best to keep things On Topic...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    wraymen and rudestude like this.
  17. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I was under the impression that most sites have a "contact us" somewhere on the main page. I had to figure out how to log out first......that took the longest. On the main page there was a contact us link. It is https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?page_id=348 . You can email the sites management directly without an account.

As far as your last comment....it wasn't directed at you. Calm down :rolleyes: << dropped that there so you would know it was a joke lol

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@KJSR no attitude directed just giving support to this unfortunate situation...and in light of John's mentioned absence I wanted to let know I have been here all along and support Steffen's request as sincere in my opinion...I know I would have a void if I was removed from my status here...

John had a number of posts here with appreciation to back up his contributions...I will not judge him and have always pleasant interaction and support...he was contacted as was I by Steffen as well as some others who had communication with him here...I have had some communication with Steffen and exchanged some items since meeting here and despite his situation here he never gave any impression to me he was anything less than a standup fella...I hope someday to meet him like many of you Hoodlums...and Talk Hotrods just like we do right here...;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    KJSR and rudestude like this.
  19. I don,t know Stefan but a smile would help with his avatar. He seems to be a hardcore hotrodder :cool:. Next week Oktoberfest starts in Germany. Come on Stefan, offer some free beer , 1 litre jug's :eek: will do fine :D.

town sedan and Stogy like this.
  20. rudestude

rudestude

chevy57dude and Stogy like this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

It is Ryan's show and we all better for being here. We don't know what Steffen posted that got him banned. I can't remember anything that he posted but know he always posted on threads I shared an interest in, I've always enjoyed seeing coverage of the hobby outside the USA.

Bob

22. @Ryan got seriously pissed at Steffan.
    Anything 3rd Reich does not fly here, warnings were issued.
    I'll say this - Steffan is a hot rodder, and loved this site. His enthusiasm may have factored into the inappropriate posts. He's a good guy and really loved this site. When he got the boot, someone near and dear to him contacted me. At that time, I contacted one of the mods to get an understanding of what happened. The whole thing snapped him back, I'm pretty sure he gets it now. Ryan, how about a probationary period? If any members see him waver, we'll blast him good.
    Thanks.

Stogy, rudestude and town sedan like this.