Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Custom intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NORSON, Sep 22, 2019.

1. NORSON

NORSON

IMG_0374.JPG
    Spotted this at a swap meet this weekend. Neatest thing I've ever seen. This is how it was done in the fifties.

adam401, deadbeat, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't see clearly on the picture, but is there a "balance tube" between the two? Also, given the valve cover shown, it looks like it's for a Buick "nailhead"; correct?

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Definitely interesting.

enigma57 likes this.
  4. enigma57

enigma57

[​IMG]

:) For the $150 OBO asking price, I would likely have talked him down to $125 and torn a rotator cuff getting my wallet out. Even if the welds are so ugly they look like a seagull took a dump there, they can be ground down and rewelded so the beads are pretty as a stack of dimes. Maybe get fancy and do a 'lace cap' if you have the time. Sand blast and paint or powder coat when done, rebuild or replace the carbs and you're ready to rock and roll. Drop it on a hot 401 or 425 nailhead and let her rip!

Best regards,

Harry

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019

5. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Is it homemade or is it a marine intake or is it (was) both.

I ask this because of the angle of the carbs in relation to the mounting flange. The Chrysler Hemi for marine applications used a pair of 1 bbl carbs also. Just a thought.

Cliff Ramsdell

deadbeat likes this.
  6. ^^ Good call, perhaps marine. Makes sense to me because it looks like to has been "in the drink".

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Funny...the add says...HOME MADE..!

Geeze...ladies..!

Mike

8. NORSON

NORSON

Yes there are two cross overs. I did want it to hang on the wall, but I'm trying to stop. I have a limit on how much I'm willing to spend for wall hangers. the last thing I drug home was this racer radiator. I think it was made from a Whippet and severely cut down.
    P3150596.JPG

enigma57 likes this.
  9. enigma57

enigma57

Norson, that homemade intake is a diamond in the rough. Instead of hanging it on the wall, why not restore it, drop it on a 401 or 425 nailhead Buick, drop the Buick in a late '20s Track T and hang that cut down Whippet radiator grill on the front of it? [​IMG]

Just an idea,

Harry