Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Remember she’s an old lady.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 36 Penny Coupe, Sep 21, 2019.

1. 36 Penny Coupe

36 Penny Coupe
    from VA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tonight I attended a Cruise Inn at a local Italian restaurant parking lot. My 6 year old daughter traveled with me in the coupe. With both windows down and the heat from the flathead heating up the car inside she arrived proud as if she had pulled up in a limousine to the ball. We looked at the 40 or so nice cars in attendance and she told me a ‘57 Chevy on the lot was not a hot rod because it was way too big and didn’t have a rumble seat. That was priceless to hear. After eating a cheese pizza and talking with some old guys about cars the used to own we made our way home. On the way we took the long way around because the 8BA was loving the late September [​IMG]cooler air and running better than I can remember. We approached a steep hill on a neighborhood road the we call sled hill when the snow comes down. Very concerned my youngest child said “ you should not take this car up sled hill. Remember, she’s an old lady! “ She is an old soul and will inherit the car one day because she has the Hot Rod passion. Thank God she does to carry on to future generations.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Priceless...Happy Early Fall...:eek:...It's a Beautiful Time of Year and Nice Hotrod...;)

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Great story, great car and especially great young lady.

Stogy, 61Cruiser, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Kudos to you for raising her right and kudos to her because she is our future in more ways than one .:)

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Thanks for keeping the flame burning Dad.

6. Gotta love the time you spend with your children, I am now having fun with our youngest granddaughter, I hope she will also carry the hot rod torch in the future, she shares her hot rod name with a real hot rod lady from the past, Veda. HRP

[​IMG]

7. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

Your pictures of you and your daughter make my wife and I smile! My wife of 30 years is the great person she is because her dad was an excellent father and old cars was a hobby they both shared together. She grew up in the 70s helping her dad out in the garage on his Edsels and going to car shows. He has been gone since 2008 and he left her his favourite Edsel which brings back great memories when we spend time with his car.

Stogy, loudbang, uncleandy 65 and 8 others like this.
  8. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

HOTRODPRIMER you look like a really fun grandpa. I am not lucky enough to be a grandpa... yet - but I spent many hours with my son and daughter working on cars and going to car shows. When the kids got to be teenagers - teenagers often don’t want to spend time with thier parents. Their to COOL to be hanging with adults!! Not my kids they never missed a opportunity to go to a car show!

loudbang, Lepus, uncleandy 65 and 8 others like this.
  9. brady1929

brady1929

Love it, great story.

Stogy, loudbang and dirty old man like this.
  10. E4475AC7-E6A0-4EAE-A90E-7828A1563EE8.jpeg You’ve got 2 cuties there/ the daughter and the “hot rod”. Congratulations,you are a lucky man!

11. You done good, Dad! My 9 year old son is just starting to get into cars and rods! Makes my heart feel good to see kids interested in cars. [​IMG]

12. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Those are great pictures and it's nice to see the smiles on kids faces in those cars. My kids never were into my cars and that was ok with me. They had been around my cars and my buddy's cars their entire lives and never thought much about it till their friend's would come around and tell them how cool it was to see them.

Stogy, loudbang, town sedan and 3 others like this.
  13. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

We need to keep the younger generation involved in the sport. I would take my nephews to car shows and swap meets when they were 6-7 years old and they loved going and now I'm going to take their kids when they get a little older. I have one great nephew who is 3 years old and he can't wait to get in the garage and crawl inside the 34 and play with the steering wheel. I think he will be our next little gear head.

Stogy, loudbang, town sedan and 3 others like this.
  14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Kids love hot rods! DSCF1289.JPG DSCF1290.JPG

1947knuck, Jalopy Joker, Tim and 11 others like this.
  15. This is the photo of Veda I was looking for last night. HRP

upload_2019-9-22_13-36-13.jpeg

16. 36 Penny Coupe

36 Penny Coupe
    from VA

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Can't add anything to the comments already posted. Wonderful story, Kool hot rod, a bunch of positive comments to clk on the "like" button, what more can you ask.
    Last week at a cruise in here in town, I was seated on my wheeled walker that's equipped with a seat, just to the left and forward of my '40 coupe, talking to an interested guy who looked over my shoulder, then back at me, nodding his head at me in a signal to look behind me.
    Did so and there was a youngster standing on the running board, looking inside the car. I just turned back to the front, nodded my head and smiled. My only regret is that I didn't ask the youngster if he wanted to sit in the car, but I simply didn't think of it till later.

Stogy, 61Cruiser, Sandgroper and 6 others like this.
  18. Boy its still in the 90s here and will be all week rare for this time of years in the Smokys.Bruce.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  19. You will be in snow up to your knee caps before you know it Bruce. :D HRP

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Colors are happening here...Warm Days, Cooling Nights some nearing frost...

loudbang likes this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have any kids so here's my contribution...:D...Enjoy your kids

0_20190802_191435.jpg

Pioneer1.jpg

:rolleyes:...and here's My Ole Lady...:D

Fall has Begun...

dirty old man, Tim, Okie Pete and 2 others like this.
  22. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

23. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

This year we made the Trip to Römö Motorfestival together . We had e great time IMG_20190829_153729_0.jpeg

Sent from my S41 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

36 Penny Coupe, Joemama, Tim and 6 others like this.
  24. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

I went to a great car show last Sunday which was held in a school ground. Lots of rides and activities for kids as well as a great showing of hot rods, customs, muscle cars and cruisers. With all the kids around it was great to be able to talk to them and their mums and dads about my car. A lot wanted photos of them with my old Chevy and I was happy for them to climb in behind the wheel for a photo. I’m not precious about the beast as she’s not a show car, just a roughie that makes me happy so to see kids get a kick out of sitting inside made me happier than I’ve felt at a show in quite a while.

dirty old man, uncleandy 65 and Stogy like this.
  25. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome. It´s good to introduce the youngsters to the "repairing old stuff" lifestyle. In my opinion that´s a way better approach toa save the world than throwing stuff away buying everything new every few years. My 4 year old nephew Vince is always helping me in the shop. He is really good in holding wrenches to tight spots I have promblems reaching to. And he loves being part of a project.
    IMG_9150.JPG IMG_9151.JPG IMG_9155.JPG

1947knuck, Jalopy Joker, Tim and 5 others like this.
  26. v8flat44

v8flat44

THANKS !!!! for sharing!! What a GR8 post. Heck my grandkids are all in their 20's and live too far away to be able to do these kinds of things, but most of em love the 52 Vic. Keep it up guys. mike

dirty old man and Stogy like this.
  27. Colonial Coupe

Colonial Coupe

IMG_0979.JPG
    Three of my Grandsons doing the hoodlum shot for Grandpa before their Dad got stationed in Japan. Sure miss them

28. Today is the first day of fall, here in the upstate of South Carolina the temperatures is fast approaching 90°

It's hotter than a 4 balled Tom cat. HRP

Stogy likes this.
  29. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

36 Penny Coupe, Thanks for sharing pics and story - same to others that chimed in - yesterday went to a car show that helps raise funds for the Elk Grove (CA) High School Auto Shop program - son of member of my car club is a Freshman enrolled in the program - loves Hot Rods - yep, there are some young ones out there that will help keep the torch going

41rodderz and 36 Penny Coupe like this.
  30. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Neat to see the kids digging the old cars. I wonder what things will be like in 50 years with respect to these cars? I hate to think they might be banned, or no longer appreciated by future generations.