Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods WATCH Cars TV ON COX CABLE 9/22/19 at 12:30am LATE TONIGHT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jnaki, Sep 18, 2019.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Did anyone in Cable land or Streaming land, see a presentation about the Lions Dragstrip Museum on the CARS TV channel? Where we are, our provider does not show CARS TV. Did anyone see the program? It was an interview with Rick Lorenzen about how the Lions Dragstrip Museum was created and what it does for hot rods and drag racing history.

It was about 19 minutes long.

Thank you,

Jnaki

If you did happen to record it, perhaps a copy would be available?

2. jnaki

jnaki

@teedog
    Member, from lakewood, ca
    upload_2019-9-21_16-32-33.png

Hello,

TEEDOG FROM OUR LAKEWOOD COMMUNITY IN SO CAL COMES TO THE RESCUE. After having searched near and far, out of the blue comes this HAMB member with some valuable information.
    COX CABLE CHANNEL 9 OR 1009 HD FOR DIGITAL SUBSCRIBERS 12:30 AM SUNDAY SEPT 21, 2019.

For TEEDOG: Wow, that is a HUGE find. I was not aware that CARS TV was listed on the local TV stations from Cox Cable. I searched and did not get that listing. You saved the day... YES... !!!

PM me your email address for thanks on the big tip of the Lions Dragstrip Museum showing. My brother's family will also be happy to view that show.
    upload_2019-9-21_16-37-56.png
    Thank you,

Jnaki

upload_2019-9-21_16-37-31.png

3. teedog

teedog

4. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I just happened to catch it this morning on direct TV. I knew you were involved, so it caught my attention. Good show. Thanks.

5. teedog

teedog

you are welcome, hope listing didn't lie to me. I don't know how to pm you or what that means, computer skills lacking

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. jnaki

jnaki

Hey T,
    1. CLICK ON MY PROFILE FROM THE HAMB LISTING.
    2. THEN CLICK ON THE START A CONVERSATION upload_2019-9-21_17-20-3.png
    Then a HAMB ONLY message will be sent to me via HAMB email services. It is usually private and therefore, called a PM or Personal Message.

Thanks for your help and notification. The local So Cal drag racers and Lions Drag Racing Museum supporters will be happy at the notice of information you provided. Now, if they can get Cox Cable locally or as J from Indiana saw it on Direct TV... We are in business.

Jnaki
    So, click on "start a conversation" and please sent your email address to me.

Thank you...

7. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    In a hurry to get the information out, the date is not Sunday Sept 21, but Sept 22 at 12:30 am on Cox Cable Channel 9 or 1099 HD.

Sorry,
    Jnaki
    That is late tonight or early tomorrow morning just past midnight West Coast time or PST. For you midnight rebels, stay up and watch it.

The title was changed to get the information correct for everyone. It is West Coast time schedule on COX CABLE.

8. teedog

teedog

9. teedog

teedog

j, did you get it ?

10. jnaki

jnaki

Hey T,
    Yes, I recorded the program and it looks great on the big screen TV with sound in some parts of the program. Remember, the sounds were not recorded at Lions in the Spring and Summer of 1959. They were recorded on an LP album at the September, Detroit Nationals in 1959, with the same So Cal racers that traveled back there. I had the album and had it digitized. The same racers ran almost exactly as my films depicted at Lions. Junior Thompson, shifts at the same time and his 1941 Studebaker moves up and down with the shift pattern and acceleration.

Here is a Jr. Thompson You Tube version as the regular TV PROGRAM ON CARS TV is too large and the producers have not made their You Tube version.
    Jr. Thompson 41 Studebaker with sound ...watch the shift points.

The CARS TV program had some of my films interspersed throughout the whole 19 minute program. It was fun watching it on the big TV screen. The sound was raised when I knew my films were coming up next. It was like being there at Lions in 1959. My family was happy that it was able to be recorded for later playing at a normal viewing hour. 12:30 am is for night owls...most of us are asleep by 9:30 pm...

Again, a huge THANK YOU for bringing the recording to my attention. I had a mad scramble yesterday afternoon. (as did the groups I contacted to record the program) Some of the Lions staff and production folks were unaware until I contacted them, so they could record the program. They thank you for your efforts.
    upload_2019-9-22_16-9-17.png
    Check your regular email today...

Junji Nakamura

Jnaki on the HAMB

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker