Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Dave Jenkin's Iconic 1957 Chevrolet Custom to be Sold At Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GZ, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Hmmm Bill Hines and Dick Dean seemed to do well out there haha...

2. Lou would have been a great caretaker of this car too. Bummer he missed out as well.........E

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I would have loved to see Lou get this one, bring another A Bros car to NJ.

I'm glad the car went for a price that was more than I'd be willing to scrape together. I'd have been really pissed if I'd have missed that opportunity. The sale price doesn't offend me tho

OG lil E likes this.
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You really should learn how to spell Custom :D

:D

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it was mine I'd keep them and Swap them out on occasion for Custom Moodiness...So Custom Officionadoes can you Run your Customs Sans Skirts or do they muck up the paint and therefore defeat that option?

Coupla other observations of interest...one the Rear Trunk Scallop I suppose matching the interior when it seems all the others are Silver and just a compliment to the Sheer Stealthiness of this Beautiful Chevy...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  6. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Well Bill left blood back there. Ever hear of Teddy Z

OG lil E likes this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Teddy Z was at the auction. I talked to him for a while before the car sold. man does he have stories about the old days!!

8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

The only thing I would change is the back tail pipes extensions. Just look out of place to me otherwise it is custom perfection! Larry

stanlow69 likes this.
  9. Yep his Nephew....

OG lil E and stanlow69 like this.
  10. Please.... all this talk of changing stuff...would you fix the Mona Lisa smile...the folks that worked on that car are no longer with us...nor is Dave...and out of respect to all of them not a damn thing should change on that car...Dave had that car perfect and kept it perfect...he loved that car with all his heart...

If the new owner is reading this do not touch a thing

11. Holy crap, Batman! I was going to write that this is one of the few customs I like, and that I particularly like the fact that it was also a performance orientated build.
    I am sorry to learn that you were out bid, and by such a large amount. That had to mean that there were at least two others that badly wanted this car.
    Bob

12. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Teddy Z supposedly did the wheel wells and paint on my 55 gasser (avatar). Back when I bought it in 2011 (can't believe I've had it that long), the seller called Teddy to see if he was interested in working on the 55, but Teddy said he wasn't doing that anymore.

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Dave took his 57 to the Custom Car Revival in Indy a few years ago. It won People`s Choice , the 2nd place car wasn`t even close. You really need to see this car in person if you get a chance. It was a real treat to be able to meet Dave . I figured it would bring around 75 to 100 grand. Congrats to the new owner. Hope to see the car again, unchanged.

OG lil E and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

AMEN!! The new owner is the caretaker, but the car will always be known as the Dave Jenkin’s JEWEL. Not attempting to upset anyone here, but, being a Caretaker is a very important part of the history of the Owner/builder aspect.and this Hobby. Change the car and destroy Kustom Car history. My hope is the new owner will respect it for all of of Us that can’t afford it. Enuff Said.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

OG lil E and Moriarity like this.
  15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I just heard that the guy that bought it is a farmer that lives 10 miles from there and has other 57 chevs. that is all I know. hope he takes good care of Daves car.....

kidcampbell71, Sancho and OG lil E like this.