Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Hillclimb, here we come!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Sep 9, 2019.

1. titus

titus

Ive been looking forward to this event all summer, its just such a fun event, the cars are great the location is amazing, its just a great deal overall.

this will be my 3rd year going, i always try to take a different car, first year i took my channeled 32 roardster, last year my 32 five window, this year i pulled my survivor 36 3 window coupe out and got it fully roadworthy and am taking it, the car has been sitting for roughly 50 years so this event will be its maiden voyage (ill be trailoring it to the event) but will stretch its legs once we get there.
    downsized_0418151344.jpg
    somewhere before the car was put into storage it had been raised up in the rear pic above is the way it say when i got it, below is a pic from roughly 1960, alot lower in the back
    IMG_1274.jpg
    so here it is now with a altitude adjustment
    IMG_4227.jpg
    when i first pulled it out of the barn i got it running and driveway driving but now i finally went thru it the rest of the way and its roadworthy, well i need to test drive it!
    IMG_4215.jpg
    my buddy Mike had talked about getting his 32 roadster together for the hillclilmb, the car was made up of some original parts and some b-ville pieces, he still need to order a few more brookville parts for it and the sheet metal was basically in a pile 0n ground, well last week weds we decided to bust ass on it and get it to the hillclimb, we worked on it for 3 days at my place and got it pretty close, he took it home to finish up brakes and wiring and got it going but the clutch is bad so the motor is out as of tonight and i will be heading over there tomorrow am to help it get it all back together and go for another test drive.
    IMG_4288.jpg IMG_4290.jpg IMG_4319.jpg IMG_4324.jpg IMG_4326.jpg IMG_4327.jpg IMG_4328.jpg IMG_4356.jpg
    We have a couple more days to get it going, well be leaving weds afternoon, see ya out there!

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This Pic gave me a thought...

The Tools have changed but the Spirit has Not

Really enjoy your Visions Titus...Matching Altitudes on the 36...Your Aligning Spirit

Have a good time at the Hillclimb and look forward to the festivities...is this the one with the Platform Launch?

j3harleys likes this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Be sure to share the rest of the adventure, safe travels.

j3harleys likes this.
  4. We're you guys able to make the trek out to Colorado? Does the '36 still have the original motor and trans?

5. titus

titus

Yep, we did make it out to colorado, ill post some more pics soon. the car has a 42-48 ford 59ab engine and a 39 trans.

jeff

cactus1 likes this.