Register now to get rid of these ads!

ot..how'd ya meet the misses/cars/cops??both?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Jun 20, 2006.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im just thinkin..i meet my wife 11 years ago ..id just got the ol mans 70 amx runnin..went around the square by the pizza place..they were all on the curb and they started yellin for me to let her have it[ the car , not the wife]:D so, i nailed it for about a block straight!!!!well, i went to my aunts had a few beers then went back uptown to get my pizza... i was there just moments before the law was on me..in the car i went...ask if i was drunk when i did it ,,i said no, but id had a few since..he said thanks for being honest and then we talked about the car for a half hour..he had a 65 ford he was buildin..[side note dont drink and drive like a dumass!!!:mad: ] anywho, thats how i meet my wife and she loves that car...ROADKILLER [hamber] was a witness to the whole thing!!so how did you meet your better half??? was there a car involved?????or cops??:D breeder:)

2. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

It was a case of mistaken identity. She was cruising town with a friend of hers, I was sitting in front of a carwash with a buddy. They thought they recognized the car and stopped to talk. They soon realized they didn't know me, but knew my buddy. We ended up running around together a few weeks, then started dating. Our 17th aniversary was June 8th. Don't ask what the car was, you really don't want to know...

3. He told me he would let me drive his wagon if I dated him...
    I kept refusing... But he kept pushing the car on me!!! haha
    He did not tell me it was a stick and RUSTED OUT!!!
    It was too late I had fallen... Been over a year and I still have yet to drive it!
    xoxox
    PV

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

sorry, i forgot to say or mister!!!:eek: well,my driver is a 3ontree..she'd rather take a waffle iron to the shins then drive that one!!!:D

5. Haha its ok sometimes I think he is the lil misses haha...
    xoxox
    PV

6. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

Ummm... Greatfull Dead show.. Hand full of shrooms.. Ummm... Its all a blur but we just had our 20th anniversery and our 18 yo son is tooling around town in a Cougar now... What a long strange trip...

7. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Met my wife on AOL, May 18th was our 10 year wedding anniversary . . . cars were sort of involved, as was a former squeeze of hers. She saw my profile an asked if I knew her high-school love because we lived in same town. We then got to talking about her favorite cars -- Chryslers/Mopars . . . mine too! Her dad's got a 1967 Chrysler Newport Convertible with a 383 . . . too new for here, but a fun ol' boat. I'd love to have got a photo of the Chrysler next to the Morris Minor I had. DOH!

Alas, she's not into cars that much anymore . . . I get about one car show out of her and that's because her dad loves to go too. *Sigh*

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Met her at the Continental Club at Elvis' B'Day Party. Found out that her only car/ daily was a '64 Impala, so I was pretty much hooked from the get go. Sure makes it easier when the better half is into cars as well.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention the hot pants and motorcycle boots. :)

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I FORGOT THIS TOO....if you found your misses at a strip club then photos are required!!!:D glad the wife aint home to read that!!!:eek:

10. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

that reminds me of a girl I dated when I was a kid. ran around with her to all the car shows and cruise nights in my town in the early mid 90's. we lost touch after a couple years and I ran into her again when I was taking my buddy out ofr his 21 first b-day at a strip club. Didn't tell him I knew her just walked up to her and got her number. He thought I was a god.....:D

11. squirrel

squirrel

I met her at the drag strip. She gave my brother and his girlfriend (her roommate) a ride to the strip to watch me race at the 1981 AHRA winternationals.

12. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Aol about 6 years ago. She came and saw my shitty punk band play and my buddy beat up her dumb boyfreind and we started hanging out and she fell in love with my 62 sedan deville. I dont know if thats what kept her around or my Charm:rolleyes: :cool:

13. Don't recall my first runin with the law, I'm thinking it was a loud pipe thing with my Roadmaster Circa '68 or 9?? Probably the later. The of course therte would have been a driveing underage hardship liscence thing but that's a whole different story.

I met Mrs beaner somewhere in that same time frame (Probably '69 or '70) at school. I had seen here in the hall and a buddy set us up sort of. we skipped shcool and took here Plymouth for an extended cruise. Had a smoke etc.

our first real date as I recall we went for an evening of fun on my old Norton Atlas. There were two stoplights in town, one headed west and one east on a highway that was divided by a block. We stopped headed west and when the light turned green I nailed it. I was clear across the intersection and noticed that here voice wzas getting more quiet than it had been. I looked over my shoulder and there she stood in the cross walk. I went back and she jumped on and said " lets go, only weait a little before you let it out."

Been togehter pretty much ever since. Well we were separated for about 23 years but we were still buddies just not liveing in the same place. I think the kid helped us stay together, and we have never really been made at each other. Well once I got hooked up with a gal and mrs beaner didn't think that was a good idea so she was a little put out. It wasn't a good idea, damn I hate it when she's right.:eek:

Oh yea cars, I came home from the hospital in a Buick powered 41 Willys. That would have been june of '54. I was on the salt before i got sick and I got sick for christmas that year.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Met Roadstar in the parking lot of the Adams Mark Hotel during a GG Indy show weekend. I think Race (his son) was about 16 if I remember correctly so that was about 8 years ago.

We were introduced by mutual Detroit Area car buddies. I gave him a hug when we met. He thought he was God and I was going to be an easy "mark" cuz I had had a few:rolleyes: . Little did he know I hugged everyone, and still do. I was playing hard to get, we didn't start dating till 5 years later.:eek: :D

15. I was cruising downtown and this chick screams..
    "I wanna suck your dick and work on your car for the rest of my life!"

I picked her up... but only after I drove down a few more blocks to see if there was a better offer first.

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you need help!!!!:D

17. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

She came into the parts store I was working in at the time, selling (or trying to sell) advertising for the local radio station. We dated briefly, then she went off to Florida to college. Fast forward 16 years--I'm walking out of the drug store, where I was in an unsucessful attempt to locate some DuPont chrome polish, and she's walking in. I realized who she was after a few seconds and lurked in the parking lot, attacking her when she came out.

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wheres the found her at the drivein storys??? or once again...strip club??:D :D

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D Then you woke up :D

20. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Met my wife at my 22nd birthday in College, at midnight a bunch of girls gave me hugs and she planted a kiss full on the lips, although she swears to this day she didn't (she did). That was 9 years ago last April, married her 6 years ago this sunday :)

21. markanthony

markanthony

Working for Starbucks at a location I never wanted to work at (Fashion Island Newport Beach)... walked her to her car late one night and she saw the Chevy and proceeded to go on and on about how neat it was, how it was nice to see someone into doing things for themself by themself instead of having to have the latest BMW, Mercedes and talk about the big deals they were going to make.

I just stuck that in the back of my head since so many girls I'd been out with complained of the noise, "when you going to finish it"? etc etc. That night I didn't let her see me get into it and for weeks later didn't say another thing until we went on our first date to get Art supplies for school... It was her attitude about life, the car, not minding if our dates were to get parts/supplies even a slurpy at 7-11 that clinched the deal. That and she hated dancing:)

Heck, she was 4 months pregnant with our first one when she told me I better start the chop on the car otherwise I'd probably never start. This is the same girl that had to explain to her doctor what the weld spatter marks were on her pregnant stomach....

22. WOW! What a coincidence! Same thing happened to me...

I had just gotten a new roommate, named Mario (I was renting a 4 bedroom house and figured what the hell, plenty of room, extra money), and I was breaking him in with a beach bar crawl in my '65 Corvair Conv. It's good to find out if your new roommate is an angry drunk before you let them move in.

A few bars into it, one of the bars, called Mahuffer's (worst place on the beach according to the sign out front). This was the second time I'd ever been to the place, it was filled with stray cats and smelled like it, they kept beer in ice filled coolers, no refrigerators, and there is underwear stapled to the ceiling and the jukebox is filled with nothing but off-color novelty songs.

Not really the kinda place one looks for a future bride.

They had a more or les empty grass parking lot. Since this was the 3rd or 4th bar, I thought a nice doughnut in the slippery grass would be fun. The lot was kind of lumpy and when the it slid one of the mufflers came off. It was too hot to put back on, so I kicked it under the car and we went in to wait until it cooled off, so I could jam it back on and hang it back up.

Margueritte was in Mahuffer's with her older sister, who had driven up from Ft. Lauderdale to help her sell some homemade jewerly at a local arts and crafts show. At the time, Mario and I were both working at an Mail order arts & crafts Supply co., so went we sat down next to them and overheard their conversation, we knew what they were talking about (kinda rare for me). Turns out she bought from us, and I put together the co.'s catalogs. I eventually asked Margueritte for her phone number and we started dating, that was 13 years ago.

The car is long gone, but I still have the muffler.

23. pail44

pail44

Met mine at the car wash. I had a 65 GTO at the time and she drove up and saiid " nice car". That was in 1968 and we are still together today. Only problem is she now calls my car a pos. She likes the newer stuff so she has hers abd I have mine.

24. coupedevil

coupedevil

I was cruising to Weedsport NY to camp for the NSRA streetrod nationals in the summer of 1995. Had my stationwagon with pop up camper and my 3 little girls sitting in the back seat. At the exit ramp to the NY thru way I saw a yellow 1932 coupe crahed against the gaurdrail and a guy with a long beard and ponytail standing behind it. Noticed my friend Pete pulled over at the crash and later asked him who was that? He said "That's Rob the Crazy Canadian." Thanks to Pete introducing Rob to me at Hershey that year we became friends. The funny thing is we went to the alot of the same carshows since the early 80's, knew alot of the same people but had never met before. After meeting we'd always hook up and run around together at Carlisle, York and Hershey when he would come down from Ontario. There was always somthing there between us but we reamained good friends. Well we finally started dating in April of 2000. Boy did we waste alot of years we could have been with each other. Best thing that ever happened in my life other than my children. Got Married June 30, 2000. Had a son in 2003 and we are still cruisin everywhere together. He's the only import I have:D Almost 6 years now and they say long distance romances never work.

25. atch

atch

i met my now missus at the nsra nationals in louisville in the flood year. 1992? maybe 1994? i was there in clarence ('48 ford panel truck) and she was there in her (then) hubby's '48 ford panel truck. steve (my ex-missus has never been to a car show or rod run in her life so steve always went to the nats with me) and i returned to clarence after walkin' around the fairgrounds for a couple of hours and there sat this nearly identical panel truck next to clarence. as steve opened clarence's passenger door two little heads popped up in the other truck and one of them said "i don't know who you are but wait right here until my daddy gets back. he wants to meet you." so steve and i waited until the parents returned. we (all 4 of us adults) hit it right off and we all went to dinner that night with about 6-8 other folks from here that were at the nats, too. after that we met at nsra, gg's, and americruises around the country for several years. we (her entire family, me, & two other couples w/ kids) even did an extended trip to colorado in '97 or '98 where we went to nsra pueblo and then drove around the mountains for several days. my ex left me in '00 (after 28 years). about a year later she e-mailed me to say that her ex had left her (after 25 years). we cried on each other's shoulder for a couple of years, by phone and e-mail, and eventually decided to meet up in person again. she lived in chicago and i lived in columbia; about 7 hours drive apart. we dated for a couple of years and got married in '04. now those two little heads belong to my step-children.

so, yeah, hot rods brought sherry and me together.

26. I was on a blind date with this 18yr old and my wife started flirting with me.So I told my buddy I got to ditch that kid and come back and meet the Apitizer chic!I asked her to go with me to Balboa Island for frozen bananas and she's been with me ever since,22 years.I pulled up to her house to pick her up in a '63 Bug,with no windows,and her dad was working on his car with Dr's gloves on.She was the Homecoming Queen,head cheerleader,and I was a skinhead.Who ever said opposites attract was right.

27. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

Well shes my ex now.. but

About 7, or 8 years ago I was at a friends baby shower.. and I met her there..

asked her if she wanted to ride with me to the store for smokes and beers.. took her for a spin in my 49 Coupe..

chased her for 9 months she wouldnt let me take her out.. then one day she showed up at the bar I work and and voila.. got married a while after .. kids.. the whole 9.. still good friends..

later.

Gable

28. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

i met mine in a bar,i was trying to fuck her best friend that was married,that didnt work out so i took my wife to be home,25 years ago.
    randy

29. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

"hey slut wanta f&#k" works every time! rule number one# never date a girl i meet in one of my cars they get one maybe two nights thats it, dosen't matter now im married with children!
    peace out,
    RAYDAY

30. Met mine while working as a Linen Boy at Hoag Hospital, in Newport Beach, CA. and she stocked ICU carts.
    Her best friend was Craig Breedlove's daughter so it was the three of us hanging around a lot in Craigs garage. Got married on a trip to Las Vegas in 1978. Geez, that was 28 years ago and she's still a "total fox"
    Got2BU