Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical seeking approx. value of ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by trike84, Mar 5, 2015.

1. trike84

trike84
    from penna.

To all hambers, seeking to find out what I inhereted. Fresh rebuilt 59AB, ported & polished, full relif on the valve deck, stroked and bored to 296 CI, 3 3/8 low compression pistons, 4 1/8 stroke, Weber F5S cam,duration is 260, lift is 340. Fenton finned heads, low rise fenton wide spaced intake with 97's & cut down generator for idler & fan, Harmon collins dist, HD water pumps with dual fan belt pulley's. #2 32 frame,stock but with 35 rear cross member, take apart & re riveted. #3 complete 32 heavy duty front axle with 13in drums. #4 35-48 banjo 3.73 with 9in axle kit. 39 3 speed transmission. Not looking to sell just interested in ball park figures. Thanks

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

last divorce , I had to have my cars appriaised by an auctioneer, he based this on if we pull the cars out of the shed and push them through the auction today what would we get, came to not much (actually maybe 10% of value) I was happy the ex not so :) So why do you want a value? the sell it today is pretty low, the hang on for the right guy is pretty high....... are there receipts for whats inside the engine? more detail will help those that know more than me

3. clem

clem

If you dont know what they are worth, you obviously want to know value to sell them. Someone on here will want it all. Or is it for insurance purposes?

4. flamed34

flamed34

Or it could be they are dividing up the estate and he needs a value to be equitable to the others involved.

5. trike84

trike84
    from penna.

I was just interested. I have the idea of finishing what he started, 32 or 29 post war roadster.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. What's it worth is the most commonly repeated question on the HAMB.
    It never goes away.

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

For ball park figures, ok....... $ 50.00 , $ 250.00 , $ 700.00 , $ 4,000 , $ 17,000
    Is that approximate enough ?

The value will change from person to person, day to day.

Seriously - what it is worth ( value) is what someone is willing to pay and what you are willing to sell it for..........
    If you aren't selling it.... .................

8. I would like to see what all this looks like.

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Where I come from it's kind of creepy to ask what your inheritance is worth whether it's car parts or a piece of jewelry.

10. oldolds

oldolds

He says inherited. From my personal exp. You may need to know some value figure to keep other people happy. IE. other people in the will, the federal and state gov't, for taxes ect. There could be reciepts for in excess of $10k on that motor and some people are saying that is what it is worth when in reality it may only be worth $2500 on the open market. Sometimes you just need to set a price.
    Family members might just want an outside opinion from informed people.
    Having recently gone through a close friends death where things were split up, Some were concerned that they got their fair moneys worth, some just wanted something. Interestingly enough those that took things for the money value kept after me to take more. I was happy.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  11. czuch az

czuch az

Ball park figures;
    $50.00 to get through the door.
    $5.00 for a hot dog.
    $7.50 for a warm flat beer.
    All to watch a millionaire scratch.

12. trike84

trike84
    from penna.

Ok my bad so drop the thread!!

13. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Yeah, I don't think an internet forum's opinion of value is going to fly in any of those instances.

14. ....................Too late my friend, it's here for posterity:D Maybe if you explained, like some have mentioned, that you actually need values for insurance or taxes or to satisfy others,folks would lighten up on you.:D

15. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

OP wrote: "Seeking to find out what I inhereted. (...) Not looking to sell just interested in ball park figures."

I would cite the polite version of "Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody's got one." A friend used to say, "If it's not for sale, the value is relative, or meaningless." Enjoy what you have. Build it to your liking. Or be ready to accept a reasonable offer. Asking and getting are two very different things. The real value of your collection is the intersection of what a potential buyer is willing to pay and what you are willing to accept. Good luck!

16. I would be surprised if you could buy/build what you have described for 6-8g. Lot of variables...if you did the looking and building. If you found bargains or paid premium prices. Then it depends on where/when you market the items. Tim

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Funny enough my pal @fonti wound up with this engine and we had it gone through and just got it running in his track roadster, she’s kinda angry!

bowie likes this.