Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Old North State Invitational 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MayDay, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Just a little over a month away. I cannot believe this will be our 4th year. Traditional Hot Rods and Customs, food, beer and now...SWAP MEET! IMG_20190820_223356_202.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. thall

thall
    from nc

Certainly hope to make it this year, missed last year

Hope you can invite Lewis, you did in 2016
    lewis el mirage 1.jpg lewis el mirage 3.jpg

Saw an invite for Clarksboro Hot Rods from GA, hope Tom can make it.

Edit... I received my invitation.... hot dawg... !!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Lets do this....

4. Best show this side of the Pecos.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. So stoked for this!

6. flat 39

flat 39

I want to go but can't make it this year.

7. OK Boys and girls, The 4th Annual Old North State Invitational is only 11 days away. Quit your excuse making, and get you keister there mister. Why wouldn't you go? You got some silly fooseball game to watch? A book club meeting? What other lame excuse did you come up with to not get your ride together and get you ass to the Old North State Invitational? Stop putting it off! Procrastination is just like masturbation....you're just fucking yourself!!

One thing that is guaranteed is that if you can get yourself to The Old North State Invitational is that you will see some of the best Traditional hot rods and customs this side of the Ole' Mississippi. You'll meet some real cool people and the best tacos for 100 miles are right across the street! Plus its at the Brewers Kettle.....how do you not want to check out killer hot rods, have a frosty beer and a taco?

Don't sit at home checking your ridiculous fantasy football crap, while dripping onion dip all over you shirt, when you could be at what has been called the biggest show competitor the Detroit Auto-rama has ever had..(I am the only one that has ever said that but it has been said) IF your chick is giving you crap about going to yet another car show, just start a fight with her on Friday. She will be pissed at you then you have Sat free to got to ONSI! You'll just make up with her on sunday, and maybe you'll even get some make up booty!

The point of all this is stop being stuck to the tube or your phone, stop worrying about a game you haven't played since you were 19. get up and get out the and do something, like going to The Old North State Invitational. you'll be outside with hot rods and beer. 9 out of ten TV doctors Recommend The Old North State Invitational and outside activity to solve all you problems.

So in closing my ramble, ill quote @hotrodderhaag "Quit yer bitchin" and get yourself to the Old North State Invitational.

"This message brought to you by your tax dollars as I type this at work"

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  8. Oh and theres a freaking swap meet!!!! bring cash! buy stuff your hot rod! I have seen some of the things that will be at the swap and its some choice stuff! You need to go, you need stuff, and you can get a beer there. think of it as mini auto fair with out the crowds and inflated prices.

9. @Nailhead Jason You're off your meds again, ain't you?!?!:D

Good stuff...I endorse the ONSI and all that attend...well...most!
    ;)

chryslerfan55, BigO and 41rodderz like this.
  10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Jason just needs to get out of Caroline County more often .:p That or it is the heat .:D

chryslerfan55 and Nailhead Jason like this.
  11. In his defense, he HAS been putting in a bunch of late-night hours on his '39 getting it ready for ONSI and TROG. I'll cut him SOME slack!

12. Im thrashing on my car to make it. Itll be down to the wire but im not stopping!

Nailhead Jason, BigO and brett4christ like this.
  13. jim snow

jim snow

Next year for sure. It will be my road trip. Snowman

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Ok :) I used to live in that county ,so yeah I guess I can do that as well :D I figured he might be going stir crazy there .

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  15. Caroline will make you crazy, but what's making me crazy is running between our big shop on ladysmith rd and my house in land'or for tools!! Should have done the 39 at the shop not home....

16. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

I just wish I were closer.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. 10 Days left, are you feeling it? Im feeling it!!!! Gas up and get you clean underwear on! this year is gonna be a good one!

18. ^^ Hanging around on the HAMB doesn't get the project finished either. ;)

19. I know right! This dam job thing keeps pulling me away from much needed shop time!

20. Back up! Get ready!

jim snow likes this.