Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1929 Roadster Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Detrich’s Hot Rods, Sep 17, 2019.

1. The evolution of Dads 1929 roadster!

Started out in a few magazines in the late 50s-early 60s. With a 392 Hemi topped with 6 dueces. It was channeled 6 inches. Had motorcycle fenders all around, along with a shortened 32 grille.

Then in the 80s Dads buddy Don got ahold of it and originally was gonna build it back to how it was in the 50s. But went a different route. Built his own frame and a bed to contour to the shape of the cab all the way back. When Dad bought it he bought a set of 32 fenders and modified them to fit along the custom bed. Removing them and never actually running them on the truck. He has a 350 he had machined put that in, backed with a TH350. He got the car in primer and ran around for a few years, painting it Purple in the early 2000s. Finally the last 3 years he has bought a set of steelie wheels and headers for it to give it a new Hot Rod look. I’m sure I’m missing a lot of history in between but cool to see some pictures of the Truck what it was way back when it started as a hotrod!
    #modelatruck #1929fordroadster #rogerhuntington #speedmechanics #badinfluence #dadsabadass #hotrodhistory #hopuplive #geardriveheaders[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]20190917/2302e9debe52a6db769055d7c6283690.jpg[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Good looking truck

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  3. Nice! Do you have any more plans for it? Perhaps a Hemi and some weed burners? Or some '56 Olds hubcaps?

loudbang likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

5. Love the history of these old vehicles....and it still looks awesome from here...

MikeC

loudbang likes this.
  6. Beautiful Iron

Beautiful Iron
    from Upstate NY

I like the current set up- looks like a lot of fun

7. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I like that "Fleetside" bed. Actually, since it's a Ford I guess it is a Styleside. Cool either way.

8. As of now, no not really, other than he wants to lay the windshield back a little bit. One day I’d like to see a set of trips back on it and the fenders will go on it eventually whether o do it or he does! No plans of a hemi atleast not as of now lol!

9. Man that's neat! That first version really does it for me!

10. What is the top, one piece glass ???

Detrich’s Hot Rods likes this.
  11. Just made out of metal. Dad built it his self. Then covered it with material

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Love the evolution of a sweet hot rod.

Detrich’s Hot Rods likes this.