Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So have you ever heard a voice in your hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikec4193, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two words for you guys, "top shelf". You have got to stop hitting the cheap booze and moonshine!. :cool:

2. chrisp

chrisp

Usually I feel a presence behind me and hear a voice when I put away parts I just bought, it's laconic and always says the same thing : How much? I don't pay attention anymore now:rolleyes:

3. brjnelson

brjnelson

I hear voices in my 31 A
    Peel out
    or
    Go faster
    They usually say

49ratfink and Deuces like this.
  4. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Yeah ... I see this thread going nowhere quickly. :D
    I was going to post that yesterday and decided not to.

I do not call it voices, more like a feeling. I sometimes think cars have a personality.
    Sometimes you sit in a car and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ... you just know you should not mix with this car.
    Other times, you sit in a car and the world seem right.

That feeling is duplicated often with people.
    You get some person that walks into a room, They have a great smile they are very friendly and want to talk to everyone, and really care what you have to say.
    You just get a warm fuzzy feeling around them.

Then there are those that walk into the same room, we are instantly thinking negative thoughts, took the smile right off of our face.

Cars are the same way, I do not call it voices.
    My first 49 dodge, I sat in it and I instantly felt the name was molly and saved it from the scrap pile.
    My current project, 49 dodge ... I have had it for over a year, is more stubborn and not yet revealed it's name.
    I just call it hound dog hauler, as that will be it's job.

Our current ot daily driver, my wife inherited it when her mother died.
    My Father inlaw called it the "turd"
    Man there was a lot of issues with that car. Once we re-named it to Lady-Belle, she has been a perfect lady and hauled our arses all over the country.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Mine told me his name was Fred...Fred Ford

6. 1ton

1ton

I would call it feedback. Seat of the pants feedback. Everybody here has had a vehicle go down on them while cruising along. It's a puckered butt cheeks "Whoa, what the hell was that!" thing and you realize that your car is trying to tell you something

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My T86 O.D. box opened up like bomb bay doors in my '56 Ford Ragtop. Second gear... Sounded like 'Kingdom Come', but I knew better.
    Like I said...I'm NOT psychic.
    (but with 6 races won, I knew it was comin'!) 13 times, that blasted tranny. I could build one in my sleep!
    I did hear a name that time..."Floyd J. Lippencott..."

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

My house was built in the mid 1800’s and was moved here in the early 1960’s. We don’t know a lot about it prior to it being moved here, it was totally remodeled after it got here, new roof, carport added, etc. Where it sits was my wife’s Grandparents house that burned before they moved this one in. My wife has lived here most of her life, we got the house after we married in 78, and have done some remodeling ourselves over the years. One thing I added was a French door in the kitchen, we sit at the table and can look out over our back property.

We were in the kitchen the first time I saw it, just a streak of light out of the corner of my eye. I thought it strange, because there were no lights on back there, but forgot about it. Another night, we both saw it, wife said “What was that?”. We thought maybe it was just a reflection from the highway. After that, it seemed to appear pretty regularly, we both saw it several times. One night a couple was over, we were playing cards in the kitchen when the husband saw it. We got to talking, told him we’d seen it before and didn’t know what it was. His wife didn’t see it that time, but did later. Made me feel better to know we weren’t crazy!

Still see it every once in a while, just a quick streak of light. No idea what it is, or when it will show. Never heard anything though, it happens so quick by the time you see it, it’s gone.

AHotRod, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  9. 31 Chopped Coupe

31 Chopped Coupe

The only thing that I hear is "When are you gonna put windows in this damn thing? My hair is getting blown all over."

Deuces, wicarnut and Johnny Gee like this.
  10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if you stop at only 4 shots of whiskey you do not hear these things. your mileage may vary.

Deuces, olscrounger and raven like this.
  11. my cars never talk to me but if I'm workin on em and things aren't going right I sure as shit talk to them............

SS327, Deuces, Early Ironman and 8 others like this.
  12. I was at the hospice my late wife was in, for end-days of her cancer. I was probably the last one out on that floor, I'd stay until they got her ready to sleep for the night. She was in a larger room with closets in a foyer, I distinctly saw an apparition of a short older lady leaning on one of the closet doors, and it was gone as quick as it came. I asked one of the nurses at the desk if they ever saw things at night, she said... all the time.

Deuces, Spooky, AHotRod and 3 others like this.
  13. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

I can imagine the result of me making a like statement @ the VA this afternoon.....

Deuces and little red 50 like this.
  14. williebill

williebill

"If you build it,
    it will run"

Deuces, MAD MIKE and woodsnwater like this.
  15. Now that I think about it, I did hear voices one night when I came to a stop, It was on a Saturday night and was already dark, about this time I heard the voices saying, let us out of the trunk we can hear the drive-in movie has already started from inside the trunk. :D HRP

SS327, Deuces, wicarnut and 3 others like this.
  16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I bought my Olds from an estate and I'm 100% positive that guy's ghost is back to fuck my shit up because that car has been nothing but trouble.

17. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

I think swade41's avatar is talking to me,need to get my ears closer.

Deuces likes this.
  18. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

The house I grew up in was haunted. I saw and heard all kinds of things, so I do believe those things exist.

As for my car, the only thing it says to me sounds a lot like a cash register ringing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Mopar Tony, Spooky, partsdawg and 3 others like this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The voice I hear usually says slow down you're scaring me. :D:D

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What's the frequency Kenneth?

21. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

I have known a few people with some unexplainable goings ons.
    Having entities of unknown origin was not a pleasant experience for them.

Mopar Tony and Deuces like this.
  22. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

When I hear something that don't sound right I figure the car is talking to ME...…..

Deuces likes this.
  23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The brain thinks Kenneth is real but all the while the voice happened during "REM" sleep.

Deuces and LOST ANGEL like this.
  24. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

That actually happened. Some nutbar attacked Dan Rather on the street with a lead pipe or something like that, which I am not necessarily opposed to in principle, but the loon (the other loon) was convinced "they" were beaming messages to him, and was sure Dan was in on it, knew what the frequency was, etc. Hm.

SS327 likes this.
  25. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Untreated Schizophrenia with psychosis episode. Where I work we house these types. Fine on their meds, but off and the voices of disaster come back..

SS327, Mopar Tony and Deuces like this.
  26. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Yes, I've worked for government, know the type all too well.

wraymen and Deuces like this.
  27. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

last time I heard voices in my vehicle I realized it was the police car behind me......

SS327, Deuces and Truck64 like this.
  28. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I was driving across Montana years ago, when the speed limit was " safe & reasonable " and was going 110 in my 34. Held it there for many miles, heard a voice very similar to my late mother saying you will never convince a cop this thing is safe. Dropped down to around 85, got passed by a newer small Mopar, just a few miles up the road he was getting a ticket from the state trooper. Thanks Mom.

SS327, Mopar Tony, wicarnut and 2 others like this.
  29. I was a complete naysayer. Been married for 25 years to a woman who is very much in touch with another realm. Some of the experiences have scared the living shit out of me. Way too may times for it too have been mere coincidences. My dead grandmother giving her warnings that played out the next day. Her being able to describe my grandmothers favourite outfit she was wearing without ever meeting her. I've learned not to ask too many questions at times. I also grew up in a house that had apparitions seen it. Can't say I believe in ghosts but there is something that is not of this world out there.

Mopar Tony, wicarnut, Saxman and 2 others like this.
  30. Mine keeps telling me to slow down !!!

Deuces likes this.