Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cadillac ”Le Monstre” @ Goodwood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kaspar, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Spending this weekend at Goodwood Revival, LOTS of fantastic cars, bikes, planes and other stuff. One of the coolest was the replica of ”Le Monstre”, the custom bodied -50 Cadillac that raced Le Mans. Unfortunately it was parked in a cramped space, so it was hard to get any good pictures.

Attached Files:

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

The actual Cunningham car is in the collection of the Revs Institute in Naples, FL. Wacko aero approach from the early 50's, eh?

3. Yeah, they even used a wind tunnel in the development of the body.

Probably gonna visit Revs next spring, seems like a great place.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. fleetside66

fleetside66

I'm reasonably sure this recreation belongs to a gent in England. A while back, he bought a few Wings gauges from me for the project via a wanted ad here. On vacation, he did visit the original in Naples, FL & took some detailed pics, got possessed, and attacked the project with great vigor. From all of the info he provided to me at the time, he did everything he could to accurately replicate the original. I'm sure that he would be very proud & happy that you endeavored to bring to light his wonderful creation. He has run it in vintages races. I'm not sure if he was or still is actively connected here & I will at some point research my records to see if I can find his contact info & alert him to this posting. Thanks for the pictures!

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Used a wind tunnel and came up with that ?

6. I saw it run at Le Mans classic in 2018 (and/or 2016?), it was great to see it zoom down the track!

Yeah, you wouldn't guess that when you look at the car. Here's some more info on the car from the Revs Institute website.

7. Pretty weird intake; it appears the 'center' carb is supplied by the factory fuel pump, the other four from somewhere else...

Cadillac-LeMonstre-engine-900x600.jpg

kaspar likes this.
  8. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Speaking of Goodwood, they posted this video a couple days ago of a 1959 Thunderbird tearing up the track: